Is the navy a dangerous branch?
Around 1.6 million tons of old ammunition are lying on the seabed directly in front of the German coasts and threaten the marine environment and human safety. Environmental pollution is caused, for example, by the corrosion of ammunition and the escape of explosives. The call for salvage and removal of dangerous contaminated sites is getting louder. At the same time, submarine explosions are part of the tests of the operational readiness of the Navy. Explosive exercises thus serve to ensure operational readiness. A new dimension is added to this overlapping of military and ecological interests, as the potential for a new branch of the economy arises in the clearance of ammunition residues.
Together with our podium guests we want to discuss the different perspectives on the topic of ammunition in the sea and the solution of the conflicting goals.
Discuss on the podium:
Dr. Johann Wadephul,
Deputy Chairman of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group in the German Bundestag for Foreign, Defense and Security Policy, Council of Europe
Chairman, Federation for the Environment and Nature Conservation Germany (BUND)
Dr. Thilo Rohlfs,
State Secretary in the Ministry of Economics, Transport, Labor, Technology and Tourism of the State of Schleswig-Holstein
Rear Admiral Jürgen zur Mühlen,
Head of Operations, Marine Command
- What is energy versus pure energy
- How is FZ 25 for city riding
- When do wisdom teeth erupt
- Words can do great harm
- How can I start my introductory sentence
- What can RAW learn from the Mossad
- Scorpios can be deadly to your pets
- Can transmit HDMI DTH signals
- What is a brief history of geometry
- How does Hollywood use graphics
- Can Buddhism and Nihilism coexist?
- Which Android apps are very useless
- What do you think of VW diesels
- How can self-esteem improve working relationships
- Which university offers the best research facilities?
- Where can I find Eminem songs
- What does stage in the hydraulic valve mean?
- Who invented tea?
- Why are OEM products cheaper?
- What is PleaseLeaveMyTown
- When will REITs be launched in India?
- Is it allowed to collect mussels from the beach?
- What is an intuitive explanation of physics
- Is Antonio Tabucchi known in Italy
- Many men suffer from social anxiety
- How do I find a new invention
- What do the JEE Advanced Toppers
- Which myths about Pakistan disturb you
- What is M2M in Hector
- How Google crawls news websites
- Why do people insult V of BTS
- Where can I find free German comics
- What is the story of this gun
- What is the world's ecological footprint