Properly neuter my cat
What should be considered after neutering cats?
If your cat is neutered in the morning, you can usually pick it up from the vet in the evening. Make sure that a quiet, warm place is available where the animal can wake up completely from the anesthesia and relax undisturbed.
Most cats are still very dazed from the anesthetic. Place your cat on a blanket or in a cat bed on the floor. The resting place should not be on chairs or the couch. Otherwise there is a risk of falling when the animal tries to move.
Pain as an aftereffect
Especially with female cats, it can take a few days before they are completely free of pain. Hangovers usually feel good again after a day or two.
However, watch your cat closely during this phase so that you can inform the vet in good time if there are complications. Also, your vet will likely call you again for a follow-up exam the second day after the procedure.
Neutering a cat: proper nutrition afterwards
An operation like neutering has an impact on the energy requirements of your furry friend. Just two days after castration, the basal metabolic rate, i.e. the calorie requirement, decreases by around 30 percent. In combination with less exercise, your cat can quickly become overweight. So that this does not have a negative effect on its weight, you must then pay more attention to the correct nutrition of your neutered cat.
But you don't have to completely change your feeding habits. Just make the portions a little smaller and weigh your cat regularly. If you notice an increase in weight in your house tiger in the weeks or months after castration, the amount of food is still too large.
It can be helpful to switch to low-calorie cat food. There is even a special food available for neutered cats, the nutritional profile of which is tailored to the specific needs of the animals.
By the way, don't let yourself be irritated when the special food is called “food for sterilized cats”. Sterilization is used as a generic term in this case; it is also food for neutered cats.
- What is particulate matter
- Why is WordPress Recommended for New Developers
- Why would someone join Naymz on LinkedIn
- What are some easy classes at UCLA
- Do conjugations have the same origin
- Who is the stronger Paul Bunyan or John Henry
- What are some quotes about photography
- What did you have on yesterday?
- What do you think of genetic engineering
- Can you find the missing values
- What makes Tamil interesting
- What screams I'm liberal in the UK
- How is SAP HANA useful
- Who is the Best Gynecologist in Jamshedpur
- Tea helps with constipation
- What are the consequences of a thought
- What company started mobile money
- Is the NetApp course on Udemy good
- Are your children like strangers to you
- Why can't I sleep on my back?
- How much do football soccer managers earn
- How does Duolingo successfully teach grammar
- What will kill algae
- What makes a post viral