What is the volatility trading strategy
Implied volatility - definition & explanation
Volatility | Standard deviation
When it comes to determining risk, volatility is the most-considered metric in financial economics. Usually the volatility is calculated with the help of the statistical key figure Standard deviation measured, which typically relates to annual returns in the context of options trading.
In the literature, risk, volatility and standard deviation are often used as synonyms. Sometimes there is also talk of the so-called variance, which results from the square of the standard deviation. However, the variance is rather unsuitable for financial mathematical studies of private investors, as it is not intuitively understandable. For this reason, the standard deviation is predominantly used when calculating risk, as it is given in the same unit as the underlying return.
In relation to the stock market, the standard deviation is a statistical measure for the dispersion of the returns on securities over time around their arithmetic mean. Statements about the risk can only be made by determining this key figure. The standard deviation is therefore a measure of dispersion based on the so-called normal distribution. It should be noted that returns on securities are only approximately normally distributed. The longer the observation period, the less the returns deviate from a normal distribution.
So volatility corresponds to the standard deviation, which is defined as the square root of the square root of the mean square deviation of the returns on securities from their mean. In other words: The sum of the squared deviations of all returns from the arithmetic mean is divided by the number of returns and the square root is taken from this. Formulated more simply, but also more generalized, one could say that the standard deviation is the average deviation from the average.
- Can you get phones on an airplane
- Is c ++ necessary to learn Java
- Be angry about bad people
- Are related to Salman Khan and Salman Khan
- What was Humayun known for?
- Why are apple prices higher in Canada
- Can regular vinegar clean a burned pan
- How do you write about yourself
- How can I test my analytical skills
- Is European Christianity a failed religion?
- Can I become a doctor at 33
- Why do Samsung chargers stop working
- Are transfers between spouses taxable?
- How would you classify Richard Feynman's accent
- What is bank privatization
- Is homosexuality criminalized in Turkey
- What is NSF to PST
- Is Tata Bolt a good car
- How can I use, I appreciate
- What are the normal cost of clothes
- What tribe did Jacob belong to?
- How would you improve CPS
- Is the use of tablets as books really an innovation?
- Every Yu Yuphoria phone has Cynogenmod