What is active learning in machine learning
Machine learning 2
Lecture and exercise in the summer semester 2010. Prof. Tobias Scheffer, Dr. Niels Landwehr, Christoph Sawade.
The course comprises 4 hours per week (6 CP); creditable for diploma, bachelor and master.
- Exercise: Wednesday, 10: 15-11: 45, 03.04.0.02 (from 05.05.2010).
- Lecture: Wednesday, 12: 00-13: 30, 03.04.0.02.
The event complements and deepens the lecture "Machine Learning". Machine learning deals with algorithms that can learn from data. Machine learning algorithms extract models from data, which can then be used to make predictions about the observed system. Applications for data analysis methods range from the prediction of credit risks to the evaluation of astronomical data to personal music recommendations. The content covered in this second part of the course includes reinforcement learning, graphical models, Gaussian processes, kernel methods, active learning and other topics.
Chris Bishop. Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning. We have ordered 30 copies to lend.
Lecture blog, slides.
Comment on the lecture and ask questions!
Tasks of the 1st exercise on May 5th, 2010
Exercises of the 2nd exercise on May 12, 2010
Tasks of the 3rd exercise on May 19, 2010
Tasks of the 4th exercise on May 26, 2010
Exercises of the 5th exercise on June 2nd, 2010
Exercises of the 6th exercise on June 9th, 2010
Tasks of the 7th exercise on June 16, 2010
Exercise on June 23, 2010 is omitted (VL takes place as usual)!
Tasks of the 8th exercise (will be evaluated together with exercise 9 on July 14, 2010)
Tasks and resources of the 9th exercise on July 14, 2010
Tasks of the 10th exercise on July 21, 2010
- What are some sad quotes
- How big was Mao
- How could Snapchat be improved
- How popular is BTS in Australia
- How do proteins move in cells
- What color is salmon
- Pork is banned in Pakistan
- Is the universe aware of itself
- Where does the metric system come from?
- Offers IIM an MBA in Biotechnology
- Offers a PharmD course to BITS Pilani
- Money makes people angry
- How does science explain the paranormal world
- Why are presidential campaigns so expensive
- What is another name for the difference
- How much do professional golf caddies make
- What happens when you put frozen bacon in the microwave
- Why is the pilot school so expensive
- What do your children mean to you
- What websites offer ethical hacking courses
- Why do robots take jobs
- Is there an app for calculating taxes
- Oculus Rift is a bug
- Can I eat corn for jaundice?