What are you doing in Dubai
Our blog posts from Dubai
Travel information for Dubai at a glance
Where is Dubai located?
Dubai is one of a total of seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on the Persian Gulf.
It borders Abu Dhabi in the south and Sharjah in the northeast. In the southeast, Dubai borders on Oman. To the west lies the Persian Gulf.
How big is Dubai?
Dubai is just 3,885 square kilometers. So it's pretty tiny compared to Germany (357,376 square kilometers).
How many inhabitants does Dubai have?
Almost 3 million people currently live in Dubai. Around 85% of the population lives in Dubai City, the capital of the country.
With up to 14 million tourists a year, Dubai is one of the most visited cities in the world.
What languages do they speak in Dubai?
The official language in Dubai is Arabic. Due to the large number of foreign workers recruited, however, English is widely spoken.
The younger population in particular is fluent in English, so you won't have any problems communicating.
How is the time change in Dubai?
Dubai is in Gulf Standard Time (GST) and there is no change to daylight saving time. So there is a time difference of +3 hours in winter compared to Germany and +2 hours in summer.
How do I get to Dubai?
You can reach Dubai with a direct flight from many German cities, including Frankfurt, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Munich and Hanover. The flight takes about 6 hours and 30 minutes.
When is the best time to visit Dubai?
The best time to travel to Dubai is definitely the winter months - when it is less hot than in summer. The ideal months are November, December, March and April - then it is around 25-32 ° C and the sea is pleasantly warm for swimming at 25 ° C.
You should avoid summer - then temperatures of over 40 ° C easily prevail in the shade and staying outdoors is next to impossible.
What is the currency in Dubai called?
The currency of the United Arab Emirates is the Dirham (AED). One euro corresponds to around 4.50 dirhams.
What documents do I need to enter Dubai?
You need a valid passport, which is valid for 6 months after your trip. If you have one, you can stay in Dubai for up to 90 days without a visa.
When entering the country, you should also note that strict controls are carried out with regard to the import of certain common medicines. You should either get this on site or have a doctor's prescription written out just in case.
- Will Nicolas Sarkozy run for president again
- Is hunger a sign of an increased metabolism?
- How do indices work
- Tucson is an ungodly city
- Do you think hardship is character building
- What does visual scene recognition mean
- I could let thick facial hair grow
- Is Putin dangerous for the West
- How do you rate SAP
- Why is personal financial planning important
- What is BCC in Materials Science
- What are your favorite Korean films?
- Why is it so stressful asking someone
- Are there vegan restaurants in Montreal
- How is the night life in Westborough, MA
- Are the languages of Bajjika Maithili the same
- Are people extraterrestrials on this planet earth
- Does the law of karma apply to God?
- What is 002 in percent
- What is a satellite bus
- How to choose equity funds
- Is it ethical to pirate educational media?
- What is special about Samsung smartphones
- Do feminists make sense in America?