Bru is harmful to health
Health! The internet is full of medical advice. Many are well-intentioned. Some are bizarre. Not all of them keep their promises. Some supposedly harmless tips hide material interests. Our author rme researches what is evidence-based and what is not.
Exercise in moderation is healthy, but if you overdo it with physical fitness, you live dangerously. This is the conclusion of an analysis by the Copenhagen City Heart Study. Peter Schnohr from Frederiksberg Hospital has been accompanying a sample of residents in the Danish capital since 1976. In 2001 they were asked, among other things, whether they jog and, if so, for how long.
Schnohr compared the data with the deaths since then. The result is a U-shaped curve that shows the lowest mortality rate when jogging 2 to 3 times a week for a total of 1 to 2.4 hours. The optimal speed is 8 kilometers per hour. According to the study, those who jog for a long time or constantly push their limits when running can stay away from it. His risk of death in the study was just as high as that of people who never jogged.
The study is an epidemiological finger exercise, the results of which, as always in prospective observational studies, are not necessarily suitable as a recipe for lifestyle. The main objection is reverse causality. It is conceivable that some people avoid jogging because of chronic illnesses. The illness and not the lack of sportsmanship would then be responsible for the increased risk of death.
The real essence of the study could be that too much agitation in sport is not necessarily healthy: Aggressive jogging can be a continuation of work stress by other means. The chronic activation of the pituitary-adrenal axis is likely to be unhealthy in the long run. A relaxed run in the fresh air can't hurt, however.
- How to make Sona Masoori rice
- What have been your best cock sucking experiences
- Which is better Slack or Yammer
- What is Amazon's layoff package
- What is your favorite thing to do while exploring
- Is there a hospital near me
- What does the Japanese word omiyage mean
- Is no longer relevant to Ted Nugent
- What are the tragedies of life
- How do I start my Android
- Is the end of the world wrong
- There is a single shot for cappuccino
- How has information technology revolutionized business?
- What is Xi's China dream
- What does personal disability insurance do
- What are the fields in game development
- Is rural Minnesota conservative
- International students can apply for the Grant Medical College
- How would spaghettification of the body feel?
- How to write a fluent conversation
- What is the pharmaceutical use of fentanyl
- What are the functions of online marketplaces
- Which plants grow in sandy soils
- Can I practice kickboxing at home?
- How many beers do you drink
- Is Cookie Tracking Invasion of Privacy Why
- How long is the entirety of Supernatural
- Was GWAS successful
- Did Zendaya Coleman ever have a child
- What Are Some Effective Altruistic Couples
- Why do we need so many engineers
- What causes facial and tongue swelling
- What happens to Asgarden when they die?