Why was Casey Anthony acquitted of murder
Casey Anthony breaks her silence over daughter Caylee's death, one life at a time
Casey Anthony, the Florida woman once described as "America's Most Hated Mother", speaks publicly for the first time after she was acquitted of killing her young daughter.
Six years after her trial, Anthony insists she still doesn't know what happened to her two-year-old daughter Caylee, who disappeared nine years ago and disappeared for a month before the police were contacted.
Casey Anthony breaks her silence: “I don't know” how Caylee died
Mar 07,20170 3:30 p.m.
"I'm still not sure I'm here today about what happened," said Anthony, 30, in a series of exclusive Associated Press interviews.
RELATED: Casey Anthony Richter felt “shock, disbelief” at not guilty verdict
Caylee's remains were later found in a wooded area near her Orlando family. The then 22-year-old mother was arrested in 2008 and later placed at the center of a circus-like trial that cast a spell over the nation.
Prosecutors portrayed Anthony as a party girl seen in clubs in the weeks following her daughter's disappearance. Cable TV talk show host Nancy Grace called her "America's Most Hated Mother".
In 2011, a jury in Orlando found that Anthony was not guilty of first degree murder, major manslaughter, and grave child abuse. But she was convicted of lying to the police and served three years in prison.
Anthony told the AP "everyone has their theories" about what happened to Caylee, but she doesn't.
“If I stand here today, I can't tell you. The last time I saw my daughter I believed she was alive and would be fine and I was told that, ”she said.
Anthony also knows that most of the public still believe she killed her daughter, but she doesn't care.
“I don't know what anyone thinks of me, I don't care. I'll never do that, ”she said. “I'm okay with myself. I sleep pretty well at night. "
Anthony currently resides in West Palm Beach, Florida with Patrick McKenna, the private investigator who was the investigator on the defense team for her murder trial. She said she was trying to lead a normal life.
When asked how she could live her daughter today, Anthony said Caylee was “a total bum” at 12 years old.
"I would like to think that she is listening to classic rock and doing sports and not taking anything from anyone," she said.
- A stray kitten can eat eggs
- Is sea salt healthier than table salt
- Will Hindi be more popular than Mandarin
- What are your habits and interests
- How can I become more worldly
- Why do robots take jobs
- Should the Congress be replaced by referendums
- Can I heal myself with my mind
- What are the interrogative pronouns in Croatian
- What is DEATH in business
- How is evaporated skimmed milk made
- Do I look okay 1
- Make senior engineers good entrepreneurs
- Why is footwork important in boxing
- What does hydrophobic mean
- What are the studio headphones under 100
- What activates the enterokinase
- How are the Qantas lounges
- How does RO remove fungi from water
- Washington is a small city
- Is communism morally superior to capitalism?
- The grades go back in public schools
- In what year was the constitution drawn up?
- Excluded from school what to do next