What is the best armchair
Relax chair test 2021 • The 14 best relax chairs in comparison
What is a recliner and how does it work?
As the name suggests, one servesRelax armchair primarily relaxing. For this purpose, it always has specific mechanical and / or electrical details. Here is an overview of potential elements and functions:
- ergonomically advantageous seat
- adjustable seat and back surfaces (mechanical / electrical)
- heated seat and back surfaces
- Seat and back surfaces with Massage function
- Pads for the arms
- extended seat to place the legs
- complementary support stool for the feet
- Walk with joint for turning and swiveling the armchair
- Stand-up aid
- built-in sound system
- Control by means of remote control (for electrical functions)
Note: The functions mentioned are only examples and do not have to be found in all reclining chairs, as the test shows.
In order to ensure a high level of seating comfort, a recliner is often covered with leather - but artificial leather and smooth, washable fabrics with a leather look are also often used. All of these materials have a pronounced robustness and ease of care in common. This makes recliners into durable furniture that is very easy to handle overall.
The upholstery is one of the most important details of a relax armchair. It ensures an extremely soft and comfortable sitting feeling.
Tip: Relax armchairs are also referred to as relaxation armchairs or TV armchairs.
You can relax fully on such a relaxation armchair, be it dozing, sleeping, reading a good book or watching TV.
Diagram showing the price-performance ratio of the relax armchairs
Comparison: what types of relax armchairs are there?
Relax chairs can be roughly divided into three types:
- classic relax armchair
- Rocking chair
- Massage chair
Here are the most important properties of the three types in comparison:
Classic relax armchair:
- ergonomic Seat- and Back surface
- long seat part
- no pressure on the thighs (positive for blood vessels in the legs)
- similar to the rocking chair
- The frame reacts to minimal movements
- Swinging relieves the stress on body joints (especially in the back and the lumbar vertebrae)
- ideal for Joint discomfort
- popular with nursing mothers
- small wheels and the like for massage function
- all the characteristics of a classic relax armchair
This is how relaxation chairs are tested
When experts have aRelax chair test carry out, take a close look at a few criteria. First, they analyze the “hard facts”. This means that the material, its processing and the functions that are fundamentally available are checked, initially only theoretically.
After that, however, it is also a matter of practically testing the respective relaxation armchair. Every functional detail is tried out directly and checked for various points:
- Does the cover feel comfortable?
- Is the padding comfortable?
- How can the Functions handle (simple / complicated adjustment etc.)?
- How do the functions affect (relaxing, improving physical / mental problems, no noticeable effect, etc.)?
- Is the recliner easy to clean / maintain?
Look at this Questionnaire checklist you can easily derive the most important test criteria that are important for professional testers:
The most convincing solution in terms of quality is leather as a cover material. But artificial leather and smooth, leather-like fabrics are also possible and have solid characteristics. In the test, however, recliners with real leather upholstery received the better ratings.
To thisTest criterion belong to several Aspects. First of all, all materials have to be optimally worked out and perfectly connected to one another. In addition, neatly processed seams and a dense foam padding bring top marks in the test. Of course, no other defects should be seen or felt. Otherwise there are point deductions.
The more functions a recliner has, the more attractive it is, there is no doubt about that. But: The quality of the existing features weighs more than the number. In other words, a few high-quality features are more useful than many low-quality features.
Thus, experts take into account in their Testing especially the quality of the functions. Nevertheless, they also include the number in their ratings.
The assessment of the sitting and lying comfort on the respective relaxation armchair is always subjective, no question about it. Nevertheless, the sensations of professionals can be very interesting and extremely helpful when buying or comparing and choosing (from the consumer's point of view).
If sitting or lying on the recliner has a noticeable (and perhaps even lasting) positive effect on physical and mental well-being, testers logically give top marks (attention, this point is also individual!).
The various functions should be easy to use - regardless of whether they are mechanical (i.e. manual) or electrical (via touch of a button) can be set. Ideally, you have to make little or no effort to start or implement the desired features.
Reclining chairs that are quick and easy to clean naturally receive better marks in a professional test than models that are relatively difficult to care for. The decisive factor for this test criterion is the material: real and artificial leather usually have the edge here.
Possible test criteria for consumers
Consumers who want to compare several recliners in order to find the best version for their own needs should also check a few points - this includes the majority of the Expert test criteria and on the other hand, several aspects that depend on individual requirements and needs.
Here are the most importantTest criteria for consumers at a glance:
Leather is of the best quality. However, a recliner with a leather cover is also more expensive compared to models with a synthetic leather or fabric cover. Decisive for the choice are therefore personal preferences and (financial) possibilities.
Range of functions
Here it is important to think carefully about which one Functions when buying a reelax chair you definitely don't want to do without and which you can do without.
Tip: Creating a ranking list is helpful here. You just write down the points that are important to you, in order of importance. When comparing different reclining chairs, it is then easy to filter out models that have the top 3 or top 5 functions, for example.
Size / dimensions
The ideal size of the relax armchair depends on the physical requirements of the user. Rule of thumb: the longer and wider you are, the more spacious the chosen recliner should be.
There are very simply designed relaxation chairs, but also particularly elegant or modern and eye-catching ones Copies. It is advisable to change the design of the armchair
- the Furnishing style in space as well
- your own taste
Anyone who thinks about the maximum amount of money they can or would like to spend on the recliner before making a comparison will find it easier to find and select afterwards, as this step often significantly reduces the number of models in question.
Simple reclining chairs are available from around 70 euros to buy. For more complex models you have to dig deeper into your pocket. In this segment the prices are upwards of 150 euros. There are even versions that cost more than 1,000 euros.
What else do I have to look out for when buying a relax armchair?
As far as the functions are concerned, the following points should be met, as they have the greatest influence on seating comfort:
- Seat height adjustment
- Adjustment of the backrest
- extended seat (for a comfortable position of the legs)
- thick padding
Are these features given, you have a literally comfortable base for relaxing hours on theRelax armchair. Everything that is still available in terms of features acts as a welcome and accepted addition.
Presentation of the leading 7 manufacturers / brands
- Robas Lund
Customer test: frequently mentioned disadvantages in Amazon reviews
As everyone knows, give Manufacturer in their descriptions only the advantages of their recliners. The potential weak points are skilfully concealed. However, it goes without saying that most of the versions also have one or the other deficiency. So in order to get a comprehensive impression of the positive and negative features of each version when comparing various models, it is worth reading test reports from experts as well as reviews from other consumers.
Here is a summary of the disadvantage of recliners that Amazon customers Mention more often in their reviews:
- upholstery too thin (limited seating comfort)
- poor workmanship (unclean seams, small cracks in the cover material, etc.)
- very few functions
- Functionality of the features not completely convincing
- Massage elements incorrectly positioned (e.g. vibration in the neck area too high up)
- very minimalist Substructure (lack of stability)
- armchair is to small / short (no head support when sitting)
- Fabric difficult to clean (hardly hygienic maintenance possible)
- Inadequate assembly instructions (you don't know exactly how to proceed)
- Screws very stiff (complicate the assembly)
Customer reviews describe these advantages
In addition to the possible weak points, one should also always consider the mentioned pros. Otherwise a one-sided picture emerges again.
Beneficial aspects that Amazon customers often describe, at a glance:
- very nice, classy design
- high comfort thanks to thick, soft padding
- comfortably large, wide seat
- large number of practical functions
- every function makes sense and works flawlessly
- Relax chair can withstand heavy weights without any problems
- The armchair is easy to adjust
- thanks Youtube video assembly is easy to assemble
- Easy to assemble thanks to the connector system
- Super Price-performance ratio
Interesting facts and advice
The story of the relax armchair
Relax armchair are a relatively young phenomenon. The first versions came on the market at the beginning of the 20th century. At that time they were even more luxurious goods than they are today and therefore reserved for high earners. Fortunately, there are now versions at comparatively low prices that are quite affordable for many people.
As a forerunner of the Relax armchair applies to Rocking chair. In the beginning, however, it was far from offering the comfort that rocking chairs bring with them nowadays. The reason for this was the lack of padding.
Before finallyRelax armchair were developed with various mechanical and later also electrical functions, large, leather-covered comfort armchairs appeared. These were particularly popular in the 1920s Hotel- and Bar lounges.
Numbers, data, facts about reclining chairs
In view of the fact that more and more people suffer from physical impairments such as back pain, headache or joint pain, the relaxation armchair is in many cases beneficial to health. Two main reasons for physical problems are
- Frequent and long standing (for example in a factory) as well as
- sitting incorrectly (e.g. in the office).
To sit ergonomically in your free time and that body A high-quality recliner makes perfect sense to enable comprehensive relaxation.
Mount the recliner correctly
When assembling the Relax armchair one should fully adhere to the manufacturer's instructions. In general, it is uncomplicated and possible to assemble the recliner in a short time without too many additional tools.
Tip: To ensure that comprehensible instructions are included in the scope of delivery, you should read through customer reviews or, if necessary, ask a question yourself. Perhaps there is even a YouTube video available that explains the individual steps logically.
Stiftung Warentest Relax chair test - the results
To date, there is no specific relaxation chair comparison from Stiftung Warentest.
Öko-Test Relax chair test - the results
Öko-Test has not yet made a comparison of the recliners either.
What is the difference between relaxation armchairs and massage armchairs?
Basically is a Massage chair nothing more than a specific group within the recliner category.
Who will repair my recliner if it is defective?
This is the responsibility of the manufacturer - provided that the defect occurs during the guarantee period. In this context It should be noted that you should pay attention to the longest possible guarantee when buying a relax chair. If the fault falls out of the guarantee period, you can contact a specialized repair shop. However, you then bear the costs yourself.
How do I clean my recliner properly?
To avoid the naturally occurring impurities of the Armchairs To remove carefully, regular cleaning is important. Once a week you should vacuum the seating furniture with a vacuum cleaner or brush it off with an upholstery brush.
Then, depending on the material, careful treatment with a steam cleaner or vacuum cleaner is recommended (only with a damp cloth for sensitive material). Finally, you go over the furniture with a dry, clean and soft microfiber cloth.
How much does a recliner cost?
The test shows that the price range for recliners is very large. There are particularly inexpensive versions for less than 100 euros, but also extremely luxurious models that cost over 1,000 euros. Most armchairs range in price between 150 and 400 euros.
Where should I buy my recliner?
When shopping in Internet you have a much more generous selection compared to shopping in local specialist shops. In addition, you are not dependent on opening times and can look up before buyingTest portals and by reading customer reviews provide detailed information about the envisaged version (s).
Which recliner is the best?
In any case, the chosen recliner should be made of materials that are harmless to health - this is the main thing. Which one model Beyond that really represents the best, always depends on the individual requirements and needs.
Further links and sources
I run a small inn near Berlin with my husband. As a trained cook and mother of one son, my focus is on the kitchen and household sector. Since I've been withexpertsTesten.de I've been able to test a 3-digit number of household products and I'm happy to share my expertise with you.More about Laura
- What are barges that they invented
- What are dynamic microphones best for?
- What is the Aramaean word for bread?
- What is the best treatment for fissures
- How do young Indians define family
- Do teachers have an impact on society
- How would a unified theory change humanity?
- How much do junior software engineers earn
- How dogs hear human voices
- How can I download videos from 139site
- Do objects ever become sensible 1
- Why don't Mormons take multiple wives anymore
- What is a join in SQL
- Which is the best digital reception software
- How to make an Easter basket
- How is obsession different from addiction
- Which Windows supports C ++
- Are Persian carpets really of the best quality
- Which Quora members wrote scripts?
- Shake Shack is good
- How does the Samsung Health app work
- Are complex and imaginary numbers prime numbers
- Dry ice burns leave scars
- What is the cure for pompholyx
- How is religion studied in Romanian schools
- Does a fetus recognize the voice of a father
- Why was Sanjay Gandhi killed
- Why is Francisco Pizarro important in the story
- How do the unemployed stay happy?
- Is 3 8 inches enough
- Is Fireworks better for the web than Photoshop
- Are people a bubble
- How does a walnut tree grow