How does ocean acidification affect physical oceanography?
1,400,000,000 cubic kilometers of H.2O!
This is the estimated total amount of water that circulates on earth. Water is not only the most common chemical compound of all, but also plays a key role in the global climate in the form of the oceans. The oceans are in constant communication with the atmosphere. They act as huge stores of carbon dioxide and transport large amounts of heat around the globe. Oceans are their own, largely unexplored world, also with valuable resources.
When studying the tremendous interactions between the seas and the atmosphere, oceanography - or also: physical oceanography - comes into play. The exchange between the ocean and the atmosphere is central to understanding the climate. The scientific observation of ocean currents enables climatic changes to be recognized. The changes in the ocean are slow and barely detectable for the human senses. It is the task of the oceanographers to research the changes and to make prognoses about the effects, for example about the temperature changes in the deep sea, the shift of ocean currents or the rise of the sea level. Ocean acidification and its consequences.
The central goal of physical oceanography is the description and explanation of the complex movement processes in the ocean on the most varied of space and time scales. Oceanographers study waves, eddies and currents. The data is obtained through ship measurements, for example of temperature, salinity and current speed in the sea, through measurements of anchored and free-floating ("floats") measuring buoys or satellites and finally also through modeling.
Oceanography is one of the "orchid subjects": only two universities in Germany offer a bachelor's degree. As a master’s degree, however, the selection is somewhat larger; there are several research institutions that offer a master’s degree in cooperation with a university.
Where to study - DKK education database
- Why did Manchester United draw against Anderlecht?
- How do you say big in French
- Who was Deva and Asura Architect about?
- F1 cars are very easy to turn
- Why is Western Ghats has more port
- What is Amazon's layoff package
- Will the Overwatch League expand into Europe
- How useful is a programming language logo
- What are the biggest PR mistakes in games
- Why am I not getting my periods?
- How modern is the infrastructure of Oman
- How would you define failure
- Which artist sang the song Dirty Laundry
- What is work experience for IWE certification
- Why do people become double agents
- Is my language exchange partner in me
- Will purchase Apple GoPro
- What are the best OpenCart themes
- What does a thiol
- Are mountain lions bigger than jaguars
- Why did Google Play redesign its shop
- How would a unified theory change humanity?
- Which part of the Coursera students get certificates