What do you learn while shopping for groceries
Plan well and shop smartly for dinner at home
Tip 1: weekly plan
It is advisable to create a weekly plan, i.e. to prepare a menu and the corresponding shopping list for the entire week. This process also takes time, but it is worth investing in. In this way you avoid unnecessarily frequent visits to the supermarket, which saves time and money.
When creating this plan, you should also keep your appointments this week in mind. When do you have to go fast, when is there more time to prepare a meal, when do guests come, who takes a snack to school or work?
When planning, also make sure to include foods that should be eaten fresh in the first few days and longer shelf life products later in the week. For example, a fresh salad should be consumed as quickly as possible, while root vegetables such as carrots and celery or cabbage can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days without serious loss of nutrients or loss of taste.
Tip 2: write a shopping list
Make a list of the foods and ingredients you will need for the week. This gives you an overview not only of the groceries that you still want to buy, but also of the supplies that are still available at home. Pay particular attention to what supplies / food will have to be used up in the near future.
If you don't want to walk back and forth in the supermarket, put the groceries on the list in the order you find them in the grocery store.
Take shopping bags and boxes with you to store everything. Not having to buy plastic bags is good for the environment and saves money.
Tip 3: bulk purchase
Do a bulk purchase once a weekwhere all the food that can be well stocked for a week is obtained. With a weekly (meal) plan and a shopping list, shopping can then be well structured and quick. Here you will find everything you need to know about food labeling, as well as information on organically produced food and food from the region.
Only buy as much as you can really use and don't be tempted by special offers and XXL packs. Ultimately, this saves money and less food ends up in the trash.
Tip 4: Eating together is good for the family atmosphere
The dining table is a central place where the family comes together at regular intervals. Here children experience a feeling of togetherness and togetherness. Therefore the food should always be consumed in a relaxed, pleasant atmosphere. Quarrel and bad mood have no place at the table. On the contrary: The common time window should be used to exchange experiences, make plans for the rest of the week, etc. The shared meals offer parents the opportunity to perceive their children's mood. But the reverse is also true. Children have very fine antennae.
Tip 5: rules for the table community
It is nice when you start eating with a common "Bon appetit". The cell phone, music or a running television should be taboo while eating. Which table rules you agree on with everyone involved is very individual, but ending the meal together is certainly important. This is a big challenge with young children. A modification of this rule can therefore be useful, e.g. standing up is allowed when all the children have eaten. Determine together which rules should apply.
- How did mythology survive for so long?
- Should a man start cross-dressing
- Are all metal oxides and hydroxide bases
- Is papal infallibility biblical
- How do mice get in cars
- How has information technology revolutionized business?
- Why is parmesan so expensive
- What are alpha scattering experiments used for?
- Will Tumblr's porn ban kill it
- Which films are similar to RoboCop
- What is 0 999999 25
- Which alphabet is a source of salt
- What does Dutch oven mean?
- What is your father doing
- Does a fetus recognize the voice of a father
- Who were the founders of English grammar?
- Has the stack overflow failed
- Why did you adopt an older child
- Mint causes infertility
- Why is Minato your favorite character
- What is a house value
- Who built the first acoustic guitar?
- Why should I choose Republicans 1
- Why is Georgia Tech better than Cambridge
- What should I use for erectile dysfunction
- What is Tom Robinson known for?
- Originality is a thing of the past
- How do I learn language overnight
- Mug photos are protected by copyright
- Still hitchhiking in your country
- Is a college minor worth it
- How is peace in life possible
- What do you think of Ohio University
- Javac versus Javacpl versus Javaw