How do you define self-actualization
Self-Realization: How To Achieve Your Goals
The subject of self-actualization has nothing to do with hocus-pocus. Well-known psychologists, philosophers, writers and health experts have already dealt with the term and tried to fathom its meaning.
What does self-realization mean?
Probably the most common definition of self-realization comes from Abraham Maslow. According to his theory, every person strives for self-fulfillment when his basic needs such as those for food, protection and security are met. Only when these basic requirements are met does the desire for a goal in life and express our individual being develop in us.
According to Aristotle, the urge for self-development is then a natural, human need. Conclusion of all common theories: It is in our nature to want to go our own way and to decide individually how we shape our life.
Why is it a challenge to realize yourself?
Our self-development can affect various areas of life. Starting with the decision for a certain occupation through family planning to the exercise of certain hobbies, everything can help you realize yourself - and thus take a step towards greater satisfaction.
But how can that be achieved concretely? And why do many people feel that, because of the sheer stress of everyday life and in view of the diverse expectations that are placed on us every day, they do not have the opportunity to find time and strength for self-development? There can be various reasons for this: First and foremost are social obligations and apparent constraints that arise in the course of life. As an employee of a company, as a parent, best friend or spouse, we have to - this is how it feels to some of us - meet certain requirements and as a result we are confronted with limitations that hinder our self-realization.
In addition, there are obligations that arise in connection with the fulfillment of our basic needs. If you want a roof over your head and enough to eat, you have to take care of it - and thus also face tasks that may not correspond to your own wishes.
Last but not least, it is of course your own thoughts and attitudes that can counteract self-development. Anyone who is of the opinion that nothing can or will change anyway will hardly be able to change their life in a positive way. But you can also work on this attitude.
How can I better realize myself?
So it is helpful to initially lower expectations that are too high for ourselves. But if you want to realize yourself, you don't have to turn your whole life upside down overnight. With a few simple measures, you can achieve a lot and thus increase your satisfaction.
It all starts with self-analysis: What is important to you in life? Which goals do you absolutely want to achieve and which dreams should come true? Keeping a journal of things that make you happy and less happy can help.
Once you have set your goals, you can set smaller sub-goals that can be achieved with less effort and in a shorter timeframe. Now all you need is a little courage and self-confidence - and you can take the first of many steps towards your own self-realization.
From now on, work continuously on your goals and ask regularly whether your decisions really match your wishes, get closer and closer to self-realization - not necessarily from day to day, but in small and therefore all the more sustainable steps.
You might also be interested in:
Finding yourself: the path to a happier you
Self-care: 7 secrets for lust for life
With this question you will find happiness in everyday life
Big self-test: how happy am I?
Finding happiness: 15 rules that will make you happy
More self-confidence for more strength
Well planned: The most important financial tips for women
Be happy: Small training for everyday life
- What are the zone colors in Vastu
- How do I learn network science
- How useful is Google Home in India
- How many days is McDonald's orientation
- How should I deal with an Airbnb situation
- How does deep learning work for robots
- MGTOW jargon What is a simp
- Do sociopaths have a need to brag
- Is it worth going to Google IO
- Google+ failed as a social network
- Is education the best weapon against poverty?
- What is a branch loop
- Why do you drink red wine
- Are peanuts good
- Why do my fake friends hate me
- How did your stalker experience end
- What functions were missing from Google Plus
- Can I do MS BIS according to BBA
- Which butter is used in the buttercream frosting?
- How does Ethereum differ from other old coins
- Reading website content with Python
- Asthma can just go away
- What's wrong with modern monetary theory
- Why can't Rahul Gandhi speak Hindi properly?
- Camera can only be trusted to autonomous vehicles
- Who produced the Agent Smith malware virus
- Another 1000 invoices are made
- What do you think of Sony phones
- Why are narcissists good lovers?
- How to get a Vietnamese Visa
- What is Tom Robinson known for?
- Research after grade 12 is possible
- Where can I apply for company awards
- Teaching chemistry is a good career option