What qualifies as clinical depression
Depression: an overview of therapies
The treatment of depression should be individually tailored to the patient. The standard is a combination of talks or psychotherapy and antidepressants
What Helps With Depression? In the case of very mild forms of the disease, sports and exercise therapy, relaxation procedures, regular helpful discussions or antidepressants or herbal remedies, such as special St. John's wort extracts prescribed by a doctor, may help. Attention should be paid to possible side effects, such as particular sensitivity to light. Seasonal depressive episodes - that occur during the darker months of the year - may respond to light therapy.
Three cornerstones of therapy
In most cases, however, treatment for depression is built around three main pillars:
- Treatment with antidepressants (pharmacotherapy)
- psychotherapeutic procedures
- Additional therapeutic measures such as body-related therapies (occupational therapy, exercise therapy) or socio-educational measures, for example at the workplace.
The best results are achieved with a person-oriented depression treatment, which puts together the best combination of the three areas for the respective patient.
For this, the treating person should see the patient as an individual with personal complaints and problems and, moreover, have sufficient experience in the therapy of depression. For example, relevant professional associations provide information about the qualifications of a therapist.
Inpatient treatment if necessary
In the case of very severe depression, for which outpatient psychotherapeutic and drug treatment methods are not sufficiently effective, care is required as part of an inpatient stay in a clinic for psychiatry, psychotherapy and psychosomatics (possibly with a "depression ward" as a special treatment unit). This is especially true in the case of an acute risk of suicide, in the case of a prolonged course that does not improve on an outpatient basis, if previous therapies do not help, in the case of difficult social problems or if severe physical illnesses exist at the same time.
- What tribe did Jacob belong to?
- Where can I sell my designs online
- Why is MOSFET unipolar
- How can I make other people smarter
- How did FiveThirtyEight get its name
- What do you think of Meat Loaf
- Growing marijuana almost everywhere like weeds
- Which animal has spectacular abilities?
- Medical schools prefer attractive people
- How has non-promotional political campaigns changed?
- Are you hungry when you are depressed?
- Do you wish the anime was real?
- What is the Chinese name for Rigel
- How can we convert MHz to Hz
- What is the Nykaa Network
- How is nutritional research carried out in the field of public health
- Who created Isockets two minute product video
- Do you have a problem child?
- What is criminal justice technology
- Why is the canonical url so important
- Is capitalism really socialism for the rich?
- How can I start a goatery business?
- How do I stop feeling unworthy of myself
- Why is death in films easy to sell?
- Which tree has the most beautiful leaves?
- What is code error 492
- How is your college life in NIT
- What does ILC mean in real estate
- Is an STO based on Ether
- Can vinegar break tape
- How can I code a complete website
- Are there sig figs in APES
- Expires ibuprofen
- When is a dashboard a dashboard