How do I ride without pedaling
Pedelecs & E-Bikes: You should know that
What do we understand by the terms e-bike and pedelec? The terms include different types of motorized “bicycles”. And: Different rules apply in each case. Important facts, different models, technical data and information about the operation.
Pedelecs up to 25 km / h are treated like bicycles
At least one moped test certificate is required for some bikes
A helmet should always be worn
In practice, between the terms E-bike and pedelec often not clearly separated, as the term “pedelec” in particular is not defined in the law. There are also no clear descriptions for the term “e-bike”, at least in the registration law.
At a Pedelec it is a so-called supportive electric bike. This is driven neither exclusively by muscle power nor exclusively by machine, but is one Combination of both types of drive. When the driver steps on the pedals, he is supported by the built-in motor.
Pedelecs up to 25 km / h
These pedelecs become legal under the following conditions treated like bicycles:
• Motor with a maximum rated continuous power of 250 watts
• With increasing speed, the pedal assistance is progressively reduced. Progressive means that the support decreases with increasing speed. From a speed of 25 km / h or if the driver stops pedaling beforehand, the assistance from the auxiliary motor is also interrupted.
• Starting or pushing aid up to 6 km / h is permitted
Like cycling will No drivers license or one Inspection certificate needed.
There are also no minimum age. Because of the peculiarities of acceleration, children up to the age of 14 should still not ride a pedelec.
A Insurance indicator you don't need it. Damage caused in an accident is often covered by the private liability insurance covered. In individual cases, the scope of the insurance cover should be clarified in advance. Private liability insurance is voluntary, but essential! In the case of personal injury in particular, very high costs can arise quickly.
Even if no helmet requirement we strongly recommend wearing a certified bicycle helmet.
Marked cycle paths must be used. Other cycle paths may be used.
Pedelecs up to 45 km / h
Fast pedelecs up to 45 km / h are Motor vehicleshaving their own Insurance indicator need.
But who at least 16 years is old and has a driver's license Class AM owns, is allowed to drive these two-wheelers - and only on the road. Bike paths are taboo! As with motorcycling, a suitable one must be used for use helmet be worn.
Bikes are becoming motor vehicles
Bikes that have a speed of more than 6 km / h without pedaling reach, apply Not more than Cycles. This is Motor vehicles!
That means at least one Insurance indicator and a Moped test certificate or one for more powerful bikes driving licence of the corresponding class is required - otherwise one commits one Offense!
Bike up to 25 km / h
These vehicles are considered Mopeds, where a suitable helmet is compulsory for motorcycles. In addition, is a Insurance indicator required.
Bike up to 45 km / h
These models correspond to one Moped and are only allowed to have a Class AM be driven. You need one Insurance indicator.
The same applies here Helmet compulsoryt. Bike paths are taboo. You are only allowed on the roadway to be used.
Bike over 45 km / h
These fast bikes are rarely represented on the market and - depending on their performance - are considered Light motorcycles of driving license class A1 or as Class A or A2 motorcycles. These vehicles are also not allowed to be driven on the bike path and there is Helmet compulsory. An insurance number is not sufficient here. For vehicles that are to be assigned to class A or A2 under driving license law, there is also Vehicle tax liability.
How did you like the article?
- Why is the speed denoted by V.
- Can an entrepreneur fail?
- What is an alternative to Airtable
- Would Batman be a good football player
- What is your own definition of teacher absenteeism
- How do I sell my app prototype
- How can I make a meaty sauce
- How powerful will Huawei's new HarmonyOS be
- What is the first bike
- What religion are Russian
- What is the most enjoyable lesson
- What age best represents a teenager
- Did Donald Trump change federal justice
- Which account is best for saving
- What happened to Cristiano Ronaldo's face
- Attorneys are expected to be ethically correct
- Video game technology will accelerate AI innovation
- What is something that triggers interaction
- Where did Eric Trump grow up
- Are you still in Okinawa?
- Why doesn't my ex miss me
- Who are the Qwiki employees on Quora
- What is chauffeur management software
- Get the silent treatment