Do you know very old coins
Anyone who kept a few DM coins when the euro was introduced did everything right. Because some are worth a fortune today.
- This is still popular for 19 years German mark no longer as an official currency.
- But many Germans still find old ones when they clean up Coins the D-Mark.
- Instead of throwing them away or trading them in, consumers can sell them for big bucks - if you have these characteristics.
Offenbach - Almost 20 years ago the German mark replaced by the euro. But some people still find old ones in the depths of their desk drawers or in other forgotten places DM coins. Even if these look inconspicuous at first glance, they should on no account end up in the trash can or simply be exchanged at the bank. Because a few copies could be worth a lot of money.
From 1948-2001 the German mark as the official currency in Germany. After the European Economic and Monetary Union was established, the euro replaced the German mark in 2001. Until the end of 2001, however, the D-Mark be paid - since then the old ones can Coins can be exchanged for euros free of charge. Before you do that, however, you should take a closer look at the coins.
Deutsche Mark: Some DM coins can be worth several thousand euros
Above all rare and well-preserved Coins the German Mark have a high collector's value. As "Chip" reports, this includes coins with special or commemorative coins, or incorrectly minted coins. If these are still shiny and not worn, they have a high sales value. How MDM - a website that is based on Coins specializes - writes, 2-pfennig pieces minted before 1968 are particularly valuable because they were made of pure copper. The catalog price for such a DM coin is 2,000 to 5,000 euros.
But also a 5-mark piece of the German Mark can be very valuable under certain circumstances. If you own such a coin from 1958 with an F stamp, you can sell it for up to 500 euros. For the same DM coin With the embossing stamp J 1958, collectors pay between 800 and 4,000 euros, depending on the condition, according to the MDM. Also have a high value D-Mark Commemorative coins, i.e. coins that were minted for special anniversaries - such as the 5 D-Mark commemorative coins “Germanisches Museum” from 1952.
D-Mark: The value of the coins can be determined using a coin catalog
So before you get your old one Coins the German Mark Bring it to the Bundesbank for exchange or even throw it away, you should check its coinage and condition. If you are unsure of the value of the Coins you can take a look at an official Coin catalog throw. There are also numerous guides - both on the Internet and in libraries - which you can use to determine the value of your coins.
|2-pfennig piece made of pure copper from 1969 and 1968||2,000 to 5,000 euros|
|5-mark piece from 1958 with stamp F||Up to 500 euros|
|5-mark piece from 1958 with embossed stamp J||800 to 4,000 euros|
|5-Mark commemorative coins "Germanisches Museum" from 1952||600 euros|
Collect yourself DM coins and would like to purchase them on the Internet, but caution is advised. Fraudsters are often out and about, especially on Ebay, selling false or faulty items for a lot of money. For example the popular Playstation 5, which sellers are offering for four-digit prices on Ebay. (Teresa Toth)
List of rubric lists: © Julian Stratenschulte / dpa
- Why don't people want to adopt teenagers
- How was FDR's sense of humor
- How can I get a GoDaddy database
- When did Cher make it big
- Is T18 train necessary for India
- Is the use of advertising blocks justified?
- How did Martin Dougiamas develop Moodle
- How do you define social entrepreneurs
- Teaches mindfulness to your child's school
- How can I see what's trending
- Idaho's population is growing
- How to Convert PST to MBOX
- Is there any healing power
- What are dicots
- What do you think of Meat Loaf
- How Evernote calculates related notes
- Why are quadracyclics not popular
- How did you successfully implement automation
- How do you learn social science questions
- How do I become a health safety officer
- Who made the Embark product video
- Was Goebbels worse than Hitler
- What is a TVM calculation
- What would Jesus say about different religions?