Does hair dye really ruin hair
Is coloring hair harmful?
Platinum blonde, highlights or modern color transitions - our hair is very changeable thanks to chemical dyes. For the hair and scalp, the procedure for coloring the hair is quite grueling.
Chemical substances can also enter the body through the scalp. Some substances in hair dyes are considered to be allergy triggers, such as resorcinol. Liver and kidney damage cannot be ruled out either. Gloves to reduce the contact area with the dye are therefore a must while dyeing your hair.
Aromatic amines are also criticized. Some products contain them as color precursors. Previous studies suggested that long-term use of hair colors increased the risk of bladder cancer. However, the investigations were carried out with products from the 1960s and 1970s. It is not certain whether the increased risk of bladder cancer can be attributed to the aromatic amines in hair dyes alone.
Coloring hair without chemicals
Hair can be colored much more gently with plant colors such as henna, chamomile, wheat, turmeric, walnut shells and indigo. They practically do not cause allergies, do not damage the hair and give it a natural shine. However, if you want to dye your hair naturally, you have to be patient, because the application is cumbersome and tedious.
First of all, it is important to achieve the desired shade by mixing different vegetable colors. For hair coloring, the dry parts of the plant are mixed with water to form a paste and applied to the hair. Depending on the hair structure and the desired color intensity, the paste must act for up to several hours.
It is usually recommended to intensify the color reaction by applying heat and wearing a foil hood. It is also important to keep the pulp moist so that it does not dry out. The paste is then flushed out with water. Only then do you wash your hair several times with shampoo.
Plant colors are gentler than their chemical counterparts, but they also have some disadvantages when it comes to hair coloring:
- limited color choices
- no complete white coverage
- no lightening possible
- The color effect depends on the structure of the hair
- complicated application
- Like a tint, plant colors wash out with each hair wash
Hair coloring - this is how it works
If you want to dye your hair easily, quickly and permanently, you can hardly avoid oxidation hair colors. These chemical agents for coloring hair contain two components that are mixed together: an oxidizing agent, usually hydrogen peroxide, and the coloring paste for the desired shade. The oxidizing agent destroys the natural color pigments and brightens the hair. However, the remedies attack the black melanin more than the red. That is why there are blue pigments in the products - otherwise there would be an orange tinge when dyeing hair.
The new hair color arises only in the contact time. The dye is not added as a whole, but is made up of small, colorless precursors. Once the mini-molecules have penetrated the hair, a reaction with hydrogen peroxide takes place. Now the color molecules are so big that they can no longer come out of the hair.
The new shade is permanent, it cannot be removed by washing your hair. However, the hair grows around one centimeter per month, so that after a while the natural color approach becomes clearly visible. Then it's time to dye your hair again.
How often hair coloring is popular depends on personal taste - or on the point in time at which the contrast between the roots and the colored hair is bothersome.
Tint - hair dye light
Hair tinting is gentler than coloring hair with oxidizing agents. The hair gets the same color as the tint itself. Washable tints do not contain any color precursors, but the finished dyes that attach to the outer cuticle of the hair or are so small that they penetrate the hair and color it.
However, gray hair can hardly be covered with it. A tint cannot lighten it either, it can only make light hair darker. In addition, the hair color can be washed out - the hair loses its artificial color with every hair wash. A tint is ideal for anyone who only wants to change their hair color for a short time. Or who would like to first try out whether they actually like the color of their choice - hair dyeing “light”.
Author & source information
- How can I have fun after death
- How can you reduce your carbon footprint
- How do pontoon bridges work
- When does the virtual AADHAR ID start
- Why are YouTube videos getting longer and longer
- When does a child's speech become clear?
- Why Stanford Business School
- What are different types of RNN algorithms
- Why should we care about our nation?
- Why are tigers
- Why is risotto crispy
- Why are saris very elegant and attractive
- How can sampling errors be reduced?
- How can we support training institutes
- Does a violin bow make a difference
- What if the lightning bolt dies
- A mountain is just a big stone
- Is avionics technology tougher than aerospace technology
- How do exchange networks work
- What makes Stanford such a good school
- How to learn Vue js
- What is a solar wind made of
- Who hires certified financial planners
- When did the Kraft Heinz Company go public?
- Is Cookie Tracking Invasion of Privacy Why
- Which is WWE's largest event
- What are the methods of memory
- Where does the word gross come from?
- Are Pakistanis of Hispanic or non-Hispanic descent
- Who is at risk for teenage pregnancy
- How can I make money writing poetry
- What is the speed of our thinking
- Quora now allows emoticons