Should all of Africa become one country
With 55 states, Africa has the most countries on all continents - and many have reopened their borders despite the Covid 19 pandemic, including for travelers from Germany. However, a travel warning from the Federal Foreign Office still applies to almost all countries in Africa - travelers should therefore take care of insurance in advance that applies despite the travel warning.
Only two countries are not classified as risk areas: Uganda and Rwanda. But the good news: the new entry regulations, which came into force on May 13th, mean that many countries on the list of risk areas can now also be visited completely quarantine-free. We have the overview.
Africa vacation: countries without quarantine
Only Uganda and Rwanda are not risk areas in Africa, but many countries that are also open to tourists no longer have to quarantine.
- Benin: Two corona tests will be carried out upon entry (PCR and rapid test). If the quick test is negative, entry is permitted; renewed test after 15 days and 24 to 72 hours before departure (costs for all tests around 150 euros).
- Burkina Faso: Entry and exit only via Ouagadougou with a maximum of five days old negative corona test.
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Entry with a maximum of seven days old negative corona test. In addition: Compulsory Covid-19 test upon entry at Kinshasa Airport (cost: 45 US dollars), prior registration with the Congolese Ministry of Health. A negative corona test no longer than three days old must be presented to leave the country.
- Djibouti:Entry only with a PCR test that is no more than 120 hours old on arrival, a new PCR test on arrival for 25 euros.
- Ivory Coast:Entry is only possible with a maximum of seven days old negative corona test and after prior online registration.
- Gambia: Entry is only possible with a negative PCR test that is no more than 72 hours old on arrival.
- Ghana: A maximum of 72 hours old negative corona test must be uploaded online before entry, another quick test will be carried out at the airport (cost: 150 US dollars, proof of payment required at check-in at the airport).
- Guinea-Bissau: A maximum of 72 hours old negative corona test required for entry.
- Kenya: Entry is only possible with a negative PCR test that is a maximum of 96 hours old on departure, Germans do not currently have to be in quarantine (list is updated daily).
- Comoros: A negative PCR test no more than 72 hours old must be presented upon entry.
- Liberia: Entry with a maximum of 96 hours old negative corona test, another test takes place on site (75 US dollars). The "Health Screening Arrival Form" has to be filled out in advance, the paid app has to be downloaded for this.
- Mali:Entry is only possible with a maximum 72 hours old negative corona test, a valid visa and a completed health form.
- Mauritania: Entry is only possible with a maximum 72 hours old negative corona test.
- Namibia:Submission of a maximum of 168 hours old (from smear test) negative Corona-PCR test, a firmly booked travel program and two health forms must be submitted.
- Rwanda:Online registration and a maximum of five days old negative RT-PCR corona test must be submitted; A new test is carried out upon entry and a quarantine in a certified hotel is mandatory until the result. Proof of binding reserved accommodation is required.
- Sao Tome and Principe: Entry is only possible with a maximum 72-hour-old negative corona test.
- Sierra Leone: Travelers must register online in advance; proof of a negative corona test that is no more than seven days old is required for this. Rapid test and PCR test are mandatory upon entry, the cost is 80 euros.
- Uganda: A negative corona test that is a maximum of five days old must be submitted.
Africa vacation with quarantine on return to Germany
In Germany there are different classifications with regard to the risk status of a country or a region. On the one hand there are the non-risk areas for which no travel warning applies; and countries with a seven-day incidence above 50 that are considered risk areas. The quarantine does not apply to both of them when they return to Germany.
Continue reading after the ad
On the other hand, there are travel destinations that are classified as high incidence areas or as virus variant areas.
Continue reading after the ad
Africa vacation: These travel destinations are high incidence areas
When returning from high-incidence areas (regions with a seven-day incidence over 200), quarantine may apply. Travelers must take a corona test 48 (rapid antigen test) or 72 hours (PCR test) before returning and are usually in quarantine for ten days afterwards. The quarantine can be shortened to five days in most federal states if there is another negative corona test.
People who are fully vaccinated and whose second vaccination was at least 14 days ago, as well as people who were infected with Corona in the past six months and are considered cured, are exempt from the obligation to quarantine.
- Egypt: Entry is only possible with a maximum 72 hours old negative corona test, if entering via Frankfurt Airport no older than 96 hours.
- Cape Verde:Entry is only possible with a maximum 72 hours old negative corona test and a completed health form.
- Seychelles:Online registration and approval required (cost $ 50); A corona test must be presented upon entry, which is no more than 72 hours old at the time of departure.
- Sudan: Entry is only possible with a maximum of 96 hours old negative corona test.
- Tanzania:Online registration required, as well as a negative corona test that is no more than 72 hours old. A quick on-site test is mandatory for $ 25.
Africa Vacation: These travel destinations are virus variant areas
The rules are even stricter for those returning from virus variant areas - and eight of the ten countries currently designated as such are on the African continent. A negative corona test that is no more than 24 hours old must be presented on return. In addition, travelers, even those who have been fully vaccinated and recovered, have to go into ten-day quarantine, which usually cannot be shortened.
- Botswana: Submission of a maximum 72 hours old negative corona test upon entry, another rapid test is carried out on arrival.
- Eswatini: Entry only possible with a maximum 72 hours old negative corona test; Test also possible at the airport or at border crossings (45 euros).
- Mozambique: Entry is only possible with a maximum of 72 hours old negative corona test, otherwise a quarantine obligation applies.
- Zambia:Entry is only possible with a maximum 72 hours old negative corona test.
- Zimbabwe: Entry is only possible with a maximum of 48 hours old negative corona test and if there are no symptoms.
- South Africa: Travelers from Germany are allowed to enter the country on presentation of a negative corona test no longer than 72 hours old. Since December 17th, a travel health questionnaire must be used via the platform COVID SA Travel System for entry and exit (a maximum of two days in advance). In addition, tourists should install a Corona app on their cell phones.
Continue reading after the ad
Africa vacation with quarantine on site
Some countries in Africa allow entry, but you have to be in quarantine on site. Sometimes this is only a few days or the time until the negative test result is available. In other cases, however, you'll need to isolate yourself for two weeks.
- Angola:Online registration and a maximum of 72 hours old negative corona test required for entry. The test is carried out again on arrival; if the test is negative, the quarantine, which can be completed in a hotel or holiday accommodation, lasts seven days.
- Equatorial Guinea: Entry with a 48-hour old negative corona test is possible, a quick test is carried out at the airport. Another test follows on the fifth day; if this is negative, the hotel quarantine can be left.
- Ethiopia: A negative PCR test that is no more than five days old must be presented upon entry. Seven days of self-isolation in the hotel or in the holiday complex.
- Burundi: A maximum of 72 hours old negative corona test required for entry. Further tests will follow on arrival and on day three (cost: about 100 US dollars); if all are negative, the quarantine hotel can be left.
- Lesotho: A negative corona test that is no more than 72 hours old must be presented upon entry, another test is carried out upon entry. Travelers must be quarantined at home for 14 days.
- Niger: A maximum of 72 hours old negative corona test is necessary for entry, then a seven-day quarantine follows. Another corona test takes place on the seventh day, which ends the quarantine if the result is negative. According to the Foreign Office, there is no quarantine for stays of less than 14 days.
- Republic of the Congo: A maximum of 72 hours old negative corona test and 14 days quarantine at home.
- Tunisia: A maximum of 72 hours old negative corona test is required for entry. The hotel quarantine can be ended after seven days if a negative corona test is made between the fifth and the seventh day.
- Central African Republic: Entry with a maximum 72-hour-old negative corona test plus fourteen-day quarantine.
We updated this article on May 14, 2021.
- Can religious schools be detrimental to India?
- What is a capillary
- Can nominated members become ministers immediately
- What made people settle in civilizations
- Can science make animals talk?
- Which 5G phones will be introduced in India?
- How often do people move
- Turkish society is becoming more secular
- Why are french fries fried twice
- How does email SSL work
- Why is stereochemistry so difficult to understand
- How can farmers and governments save water
- What if you could rewrite history
- How do I immediately show extreme confidence
- Video game technology will accelerate AI innovation
- What's good about naturalistic epistemology
- What is unidirectional tension
- Do you know my YouTube channel
- Is California really too expensive
- How accurate are the Jewish conspiracy theories
- What would happen if Russia joined OPEC?
- My MacBook Pro requires Norton Security
- Find out more about the Custom Software Development Company
- Solyndra had good basic technology