Is Jordi Alba underestimated?
Big salary increase, key position secured: Jordi Alba’s new contract in 10 key points
Everything you need to know about the situation regarding Jordi Alba's new contract and what it means for the club and the player himself.
• Jordi Alba has extended his contract with Barcelona for five more seasons. The full-back is now tied to the club until June 30, 2024.
• Alba's release clause is currently 500 million euros, before the contract extension it was only 150 million euros.
• The agreement was not easy to reach for Barcelona: talks between Barca bosses and Alba representatives lasted for months.
• The main reason for the delay was the Catalans' problems with the Wage structure within the club. Eventually, however, the sides were able to find a compromise.
• The breakthrough came as Barca presidentJosep Maria Bartomeu personally took over the negotiation process with left-back's advisor Vicente Fores. The two have a good relationship that began in 2012 when Bartomeu signed Alba from Valencia.
What does that mean for Barca
• Barca don't have to worry about left-back position: Alba's influence on the current team is hard to underestimate - Barcelona have only won two games that the 29-year-old didn't start with. The left-back already has this season 14 templates delivered, a personal best. He's indispensable for Barca and the club have finally recognized it.
• Messi is happy: Alba is the best assist provider for the Argentine. With Neymar leaving the club in the summer of 2017 and Alba playing more offensively, the left full-back has set up 19 goals for Messi - more than any other player.
• No pressure on the transfer market: The huge release clause fends off the interest of top European clubs such as Juventus and Manchester United, which were interested in Alba before the contract extension. In addition, the Catalans can now calmly look for a backup for the left-back position.
What does that mean for Alba
• It will most likely be Jordi's last big deal. Since his working paper expires in 2024, he can end his career at Camp Nou.
• Big raise: the wages were the main reason Alba took so long to sign the new contract, but now his demands have been met. Barca have not disclosed the information about Alba's new salary but we can guess he is making as much as Gerard Pique (£ 165,000 a week).
- Where can I customize my suits online?
- What made the Aztecs so powerful
- What is the best i7 laptop
- Alfie Solomons had cancer
- What are some easy novels in English
- Can i make my own radar
- What does F E A.
- How are motion video lectures
- How do I cut my suit pants
- What is a health risk assessment
- What is the rating of ticket masters
- Why do people associate mermaids with childhood
- Why do I get depressed very quickly
- Google Scholar still exists
- What is multitasking programming
- How would you describe the Byronic hero
- Was Abu Hamid Al Ghazali misogynist
- Why does Crowdstar rock
- What does stage in the hydraulic valve mean?
- Financed the US Isis
- How good are the For Dummies books
- How is the Quora newsfeed sorted
- What is CVR in digital marketing
- Is it worth buying the Alcatel Idol X +