Is carbon flammable
What is left after burning ashes?
Combustion is a process in which a fuel is oxidized by oxygen at a high temperature and forms new chemical compounds. This releases heat and light. Like any organic substance, wood as a fuel essentially consists of carbon and hydrogen. These are linked in molecules that are built into the wood cells. A piece of wood now consists of millions of wood cells. When burned, these molecules react with oxygen and carbon dioxide and water vapor gas are produced, both of which rise in the smoke. So wood would burn without ashes.
In fact, a tree also needs other elements to live, such as sodium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, aluminum and phosphorus, which are built into the molecules of the wood cells. When burned, these oxidize and, when completely burned, remain in the gray powdery ash. However, the combustion is often not complete. To understand this, let's look at how wood burns. This is done in three stages: drying, firing and glowing. In the first two, the high heat "evaporates" the wood and wood gas is produced. If there is a lack of oxygen, this wood gas does not burn but rises as smoke. The embers consist only of carbon. If the embers are now surrounded by gray powdery ash, the oxygen no longer comes to the carbon and the embers go out. That is why one often finds charred pieces of wood in the ashes. These are nothing more than the charcoal that you can buy in the supermarket. If you take them out of the ashes and light them up again, you can grill some good sausages.
- One can act excessively mature
- Is dove-red meat
- Why Africa is so corrupt
- Is the Jio SIM free or not
- The bone of a dead snake is poisonous
- Why is Hopkins considered a British poet
- Which is the most popular operating system
- Have steam trains gears
- What is holding back green energy
- What is the movie Cloud Atlas about
- Is that adultery 1
- Do you have a problem child?
- What are the uses of ceramics
- What are the best Pinterest analytics tools
- The whole world is a stage
- What are the best live photography workshops
- Can the UN declare war?
- HTTPS on Android couldn't connect, why
- Emotion defeats physics
- How do I sing the best alto
- Have you had success with cold emails
- What is the national legislation
- Naruto still has nine tails
- Why is marriage always broken