Why do mountains look scary
"The eerie Untersberg"
“Experience Austria”, 9 May 2020, 4.30 p.m., ORF 2
The Salzburg Untersberg - shrouded in legend, feared, revered, underestimated: at 1,800 meters, it is one of the most dangerous mountains in the Eastern Alps, a high-alpine mountain range on the edge of the state capital. At the same time, the Untersberg is a local recreation area, water dispenser and mountain of doom.
Legends, dramas and tragedies
Locals have always regarded it as an eerie mountain: in the past 100 years, at least 40 people have disappeared and never reappeared. Many dramas and tragedies have taken place there in the past.
Legends tell of the emperor Charlemagne, who supposedly still lives inside the mountain. Where crevices in the rugged surface of the 70 km² mountain range lead directly down to the caves, sinkholes and spring caves. Despite all the danger, a true paradise for speleologists and scientists!
The city of Salzburg also benefits from the Untersberg, which is 2/3 part of Austria and has been almost entirely privately owned since 1896: Untersberg marble can be found in many magnificent buildings in the old town, underground springs supply parts of the state capital with drinking water and since the Untersbergbahn went into operation every year In 1961 it is a popular destination for both locals and tourists.
TV legend Sepp Forcher, former cave rescuer and long-time host of the Zeppezauerhaus on Untersberg, gives insights into his relationship with and awe of this impressive mountain range in this “Austrian Experience”.
Design: Romy Seidl
Camera: Eduardo Gellner, Gabriele Hanke
Sound: Christoph Stöglehner
Editor: Claudia Nessizius
Contact: Karin Meyer-Smejkal
- How do I find hotels in Ankara
- Are narcissists fantasy and addiction founded?
- What goes with the ham
- What causes pulmonary adenocarcinoma
- What is missing from the bacterial cells
- What things do people like about Rihanna
- How can I code a complete website
- What is the fastest production SUV
- What is the use of solvent dyes
- Implant training is useful
- 50 paise is still legal in India
- What is negative magnification
- How is the Gujarati culture unique?
- There was an argument about Laura Secord
- Why does air expand when heated
- Do doctors know everything about medication
- What is the disadvantage of interdisciplinary research
- How much workload is there in Amdocs
- How will artificial intelligence disrupt online shopping?
- What is the work of the IPS officer
- What is unidirectional tension
- Agglutinative languages aren't just fantastic
- Are Patagonia and New Zealand geographically similar
- Allow your hormones to recover from steroid use