What's in mechanical engineering
The mechanical engineering degree is that difficult
What makes studying mechanical engineering difficult?
As a mechanical engineer, you can later pursue the following professions, for example:
- Aerospace engineer
- Test engineer
Depending on your specialization, it is also conceivable that you will later work in the marketing area.
Before starting to study mechanical engineering, make sure that you usually a master’s degree before starting a career have to do. However, as long as you have mastered the hurdles of the bachelor's degree, this should no longer be a big problem for you.
- Failure rates
- Math stress
- Experience report
1. Course content
The biggest hurdle when starting a degree in mechanical engineering doesn't necessarily seem to be the content. Many students have difficulty adapting to the after school, especially at the beginning independent learning and processing of the material to accustom. So the transition is particularly difficult for them. However, when this is done, everything usually works better. Of course, this does not mean that the content of the mechanical engineering course is easy. Quite the opposite: a Interplay of mathematics and physics and your schedule will be very busy most of the time.
Recommended courses of study
In the timetable you will find the following courses, among others:
- Technical mechanics
- Materials engineering
- Machine elements
- manufacturing engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Data processing
- Measurement and Control Technology
- Business administration and industrial management
Especially Mathematics and engineering mechanics seem to be difficult for many students.
2. Failure rates
68 percent of students who have a Mechanical engineering degree start, complete this too. The drop-out rate at universities of applied sciences is significantly lower than at universities: 32 percent drop out at a university of applied sciences, while 53 percent drop out at universities. In the first semesters the Failure rate in certain courses is an impressive 80 percent - However, this cannot only be attributed to the fact that some students do not study sufficiently before exams, but also to the fact that the timetables are full and the wave of information is high.
In order to further reduce the drop-out rate, various universities offer additional options before and during your studies. The TH Cologne led one, for example Online test one with which you can determine your suitability for the mechanical engineering degree before starting your studies. There are also in addition to the lectures too Online toolsthat facilitate self-study and learning. This is how the TH Köln managed to do it Dropout rate from 60 percent to 20 percent to reduce.
3. Math stress
In mechanical engineering, sooner or later mathematics appears in almost every subject. Theoretically, as well as applied. In the first semesters, however, you can expect several courses in higher mathematics. So the effort is not to be underestimated and you should practice diligently even in the lecture-free time. Some universities also offer during this period training courses who specifically deal again with the complete topics from the seminars and prepare you for the exams.
Learning aid for studying
StudyHelp's booklets combine digital and traditional elements so that you can learn in a varied way and are guaranteed to understand the material in your studies.
- ✔️ Explanatory videos through QR code
- ✔️ extensive collection of topics
- ✔️ Mixture of theory and practice
4. Experience report
Lara, 25, mechanical engineer:
"I am exotic in my family because I am the first person who has not decided to study the humanities. After graduating from high school, I first got mine Bachelor in environmental technology and then took a master's degree in mechanical engineering. In both courses, the drop-out rate is high and the number of women low. Here too, with my advanced courses in English and Bio, I am something of an exotic species. But my example also shows that you don't have to have had an advanced math course to graduate. But it takes stamina, discipline and hard work, especially in the first semesters. Before the exams, I sit at my desk for weeks. Fortunately, you have three or even four attempts if it doesn't work the first time.
There are 20 weeks in my course internship required. During this time I worked on improving turbine blades by changing their shape and material so that the ratio of electricity produced and losses is optimized. I cannot yet say exactly what will come after my master’s degree. The job prospects are good, maybe I'll apply to a large company or a medium-sized company, but I could also well imagine staying at the university and doing research there. "
A mechanical engineering degree is just right for you if:
- You mathematics and physics love
- You much Patience and diligence you bring with you
- Independent learning and working are natural for you
- You versatility Doesn't deter you during your studies, it motivates you
- You maybe later in the economy want to take action where your chances are greatest
Are you wondering whether civil engineering, electrical engineering and mechatronics might be more suitable for you?
Here you can find out how difficult the other courses in this subject are:
* This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and buy something via the link, UNICUM receives a commission from the online shop or provider concerned. For you the price doesn't change.
- Who is Bulma
- Was Hatshepsut a good pharaoh
- Keeps sun protection all day
- What is 7 8 in decimal form
- Hate crimes are on the rise
- Why none of the onion links work
- What is the oldest building in Spain
- What is an essential classical viola repertoire
- What is the Chinese character for fire
- What are user interface elements
- Why did you become a coach
- Why did Qyburn join the Lannisters
- What counts as damage in the apartment
- In which scene did Paul Walker die?
- How is an app made aware of the location
- Let Christians watch Yom Kippur
- Under what circumstances should someone be forgiven?
- Why is the reality of society an illusion
- Why is my father so petty
- Have you ever met APJ Abdul Kalam
- What is Keynote on my iPhone
- When did Quora start setting response limits?
- What does td mean in HTML
- What is the zero coupon bond 1