What is the Keyword Research Process
Keyword analysis: The basis for successful search engine optimization
KEYWORD RESEARCH - HOW DO I FIND THE RIGHT KEYWORDS FOR MY PROJECT?
The basic topic of the content to be written for the website should be researched in advance. Only with a good insight into the topic and connection to the search volume can a decision be made between relevant and irrelevant SEO keywords. Since choosing the right keywords is the foundation of successful SEO optimization, it is important to know how to find the right keywords and rate them. This process requires a certain amount of time and concentration.
First of all, basic questions must be answered in several steps:
- Which terms / combinations of terms are relevant for my site?
- How do Internet users search for information on my topic?
- What is the search volume for the terms I have chosen?
- What is the competitive situation for the individual terms?
- Which user group do I want to reach through my optimization measures?
There are now various tools on the Internet that make our keyword research easier by providing data that can be used to answer these fundamental questions. The exact introduction to the topic is especially important when differentiating the SEO keywords. A keyword can have a high search volume and still be irrelevant if it just happens to appear in the same environment but is not related to the content of the website itself.
In the following we would like to name some of you and show you which tasks you perform:
- Google Keyword Tool - Search Volume for Individual Keywords and Search for Related Terms
- Google Trends - Shows the search traffic of different terms in comparison
- Google Search Insights - Shows the search volume broken down by region
- Übersuggest.org - provides extensive keyword ideas on a wide variety of topics
The Google Keyword Tool and Übersuggest.org are a good place to go to find out which terms are really being searched for on your topic. The results of the related or completed search terms within the tools are based on search queries that have already been made. People-also-ask boxes, which display specific questions around the search terms, are just as helpful. From questions such as "How do I clean stainless steel pots?" you can close the search terms “cleaning stainless steel pots” or “cleaning stainless steel pots”. Here, the selection based on the search volume is again crucial for choosing the right SEO keyword.
WHY SHOULD I DO A KEYWORD ANALYSIS?
A professional keyword analysis forms the basis for your success in search engine optimization. The various SEO measures are aimed at being found for a specific topic on Google or other search engines. These topics are opened up by the users using the keywords that you want to determine in your analysis. In addition, the keyword overview that emerges from your analysis has existed for a long time, because search terms used by your target group rarely change. You also need the keyword list as a basis for decision-making and evaluation for all SEO measures that you are planning. Last but not least, a holistic keyword analysis offers you a decisive competitive advantage. Using the individual search terms and their search volume, you can assess both the potential and the strength of any competitors.
The keyword analysis emerges from the keyword research, with which a so-called primary keyword can be determined. This is decisive for the thematic orientation of the text. Other relevant keywords are used as secondary keywords and serve as support to map the topic as completely as possible. The choice between the primary and secondary keyword is primarily made via the search volume.
IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR A RELEVANT KEYWORD
- The keyword is relevant to purchase or information for your target group
- The keyword has sufficient search volume
- You can achieve a top 10 position in the search engines with the keyword
Viewed individually, these criteria are only meaningful to a limited extent. But if all three criteria apply to a keyword, it has great potential for your search engine optimization strategy. If a criterion does not apply to your keyword, it is not sufficiently relevant to find its way into your SEO strategy. Because a purchase-relevant keyword that does not have sufficient search volume has too little potential. The same applies to a keyword for which you have a top 10 position in the search engine, but which is not relevant to your target group's purchase.
- Spouses can defend each other in court
- Who makes reusable missiles
- Mug photos are protected by copyright
- Run Mike Huckabee for the President
- Can pillows help apnea sleep
- If 7 x 28 what is x
- Why is jute losing its market
- How much is planned for Navi Mumbai
- What's the best pizza in Phoenix
- What is the most unusual word
- What is an intuitive explanation of physics
- Exploring was important
- The republican socialist is an oxymoron
- Where does the word altar come from?
- How to make malt whiskey
- What are some amazing facts about Nike
- How did Bette Nesmith Graham die
- Love the Dutch variety
- What is the temperature of your urine
- What is the business model of Ressys
- In which scene did Paul Walker die?
- What is preempt in networking
- What made Truman unique among US presidents