How to make soundproof stairs
6 measures for optimal sound insulation
Noise affects the quality of life and even makes you sick. Soundproofing is becoming more and more important, especially in your own home. As part of noise protection measures, rooms should be protected from outside noise, airborne noise and structure-borne noise. How good the sound insulation is always depends on the material, the size and the correct installation of the building materials.Table of Contents
1. Soundproof windows protect against outside noise
An effective soundproofing measure that too retrospectively can be made is the installation of soundproof windows. Ordinary window panes can easily be made to vibrate - especially when there are two panes of the same thickness. So that the sound cannot be passed on unhindered, a soundproof window is connected Panes made of glass of different thicknesses together. The space between the soundproof panes is usually filled with argon gas, which also provides sound insulation. Which soundproof window is best can be determined by the soundproofing classes of the window.
Structure of a soundproof window
2. "Block out" noise with soundproof doors
Soundproof doors are made of wood or metal. The optimal sound insulation depends on the Dimensions, the circumferential seals and the professional installation off the door. The following applies: the higher the mass of the soundproof door, the better the soundproofing. Suitable seals ensure that the gap between the door leaf and the door frame is tight when the door is closed so that no sound waves can penetrate. It is essential to avoid sound bridges during assembly.
3. Soundproof exterior and interior wallsFacing shell
Measures for sound insulation of a wall:
- For the Sound insulation of a solid wall there is the possibility of one Facing shell. This means that a kind of "second wall" is installed in front of the solid wall using a drywall profile and plasterboard.
- To a non-load bearing Drywall partition Soundproofing materials and soundproofing panels are used to provide soundproofing.
- If you want to make your walls soundproof in advance, it is best to choose one Masonry made of clay bricks filled with perlite or mineral wool.
4. Reduce noise "from above" with a soundproof ceilingSuspended ceiling
Options for soundproofing a ceiling are:
- Suspended ceiling as an intermediate ceiling in dry construction: Drywall panels are mounted under the actual ceiling using a stud frame at a certain distance.
- Impact sound insulation: an underlay is laid directly under the floor covering.
- Screed insulation: As part of the "floating screed", insulation panels under the screed and edge insulation strips on the wall separate the screed from adjacent components.
- Dry fill and dry screed: In order to put an end to the creaking of wooden beam ceilings, bulk material is filled between the wooden beams and plasterboard is laid on top of it.
5. Impact sound-insulated stairs for more peace and quiet throughout the house
Many find the transmission of impact sound from the stairwell disturbing. Because impact sound that occurs when walking on stairs is partly radiant as airborne sound in neighboring rooms from. Possible soundproofing systems for a staircase include:
- Acoustic separation from the flight of stairs to the landing
- Acoustic separation of the platform from the stairwell wall
- Impact sound insulation glued to the support of the steps
- Elastic sound insulation underlays at the top and bottom of the flight of stairs
NOTE: In multi-family, terraced and semi-detached houses, the issue of soundproofing is particularly important. Under construction law, compliance with the minimum sound insulation requirements in accordance with DIN 4109 is required. In the course of a construction project, a sound insulation certificate is created that proves that the legal requirements are met.
6. Relax in the garden thanks to the noise barrier
A noise barrier in the garden is essential if you live near a busy street and want to enjoy the peace and quiet. From a noise protection wall made of gabions to wooden privacy fences to a natural hedge made of noise protection plants, there are countless options available.
- Do hamsters know who owns there
- How does the moon charge my crystals
- How do you pronounce exaggeration
- What all websites expose Narendra Modi to
- Can beat Itachi Uchiha Superman
- How to Stay Safe on Craigslist
- How Evernote calculates related notes
- Why are apple prices higher in Canada
- Why are most marine aquariums indoors
- Help needed help with homework in electronics
- How was the startup funded by Apple
- What is a Visa on Arrival
- What does it mean to measure something
- Christian proselytizing is illegal in Israel
- Is Italian music popular in Russia
- If you speak English it's England
- Can you get phones on an airplane
- Why didn't Eliza marry Professor Higgins?
- Get the silent treatment
- How to pronounce mon dieu
- Where does the word altar come from?
- How do i get servers cheap
- How does PatientsKnowBest com make money
- Smallville is widely regarded as a bad show
- Do others have a crazy grandma too
- How old is Avril Lavigne
- Why do blockchain platforms need crowdfunding ICO
- How does drawing relieve stress?
- Ketodiaet is well researched
- How do I choose the right wiki
- How is web marketing
- Which standard is used for internet time
- What are your tools for self improvement
- What is the Nykaa Network