What word is used instead of tirade?
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Ti | ra | de, Plural: Ti | ra | den
- IPA: [tiˈʀaːdə]
- 1) persistent torrent of speech
- 2) Music: a stanza form in which notes in rapid succession are played in one run
- Borrowed in the 18th century from French tirade "long-lasting dragging" or "long drawn-out lecture", which goes back to Italian tirata "drawing, train, route", a noun too early Romanian tirare "Pull, drag yourself"
- 1) Suada / Suade
- 2) jump run
- 1) torrent of speech, effusion of words, torrent of words
- 1) utterance / speech
- 2) run, stanza
- 1) Sermon, lecture, thunderstorm, croaking
- Hate tirade, ranting tirade
- 1) He was happy that Tirades to have escaped his wife.
- 1) “He was able to deal with his fits of rage and Tirades don't get upset, ... "
- 1) “Without being particularly cheered by the glass of whiskey that stood in front of him, he gave Lockhart an extraordinarily violent treat Tirade, in which he included the whole of Great Britain: not a single group of his compatriots escaped his moral lashes. "
- 1) “It started a long time tiradeduring which she turned to one of them, sometimes to the other, with short threatening sentences. "
- 1) “In the middle of a sentence he broke his tirade from as if his topic suddenly bore him or as if he thought it pointless to continue talking, and there was an embarrassed silence. "
- 1) “Everything he does with his Tirades, Monologues and necrologists with Alf Bertini, this thin smile was of immense superiority, which Eitel-Fritz Hattenroth misinterpreted in the excitement, however, as discrete approval. "
- 2) The tirade we still have to practice a little.
- 1) let go
- Nominative: singular tirade; Plural Tirades
- Genitive: singular tirade; Plural Tirades
- Dative: singular tirade; Plural Tirades
- Accusative: singular tirade; Plural Tirades
- English: 1) tirade, harangue
- French: 1) tirade
- Sorbian (Lower): 1) kwakot, tirada
- Spanish: 1) tirada (Female)
- tirage (French), Triad
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The cabaret artist Serdar Somuncu gets into a boom in a podcast by RBB. His tirade politically incorrect expressions are badly received on the Internet. Now the broadcaster apologizes.“
Welt.de, September 15, 2020
„After the incumbent US President a tirade sent false claims about the airwaves, various broadcasters simply stopped the transmission.“
digitalfernsehen.de, November 6, 2020
„After an angry tirade Laschets against the SPD, SPD parliamentary group leader Thomas Kutschaty denied the head of government dignity and sovereignty on Thursday.“
Day 24, December 03, 2020
„Former US President Donald Trump has a tirade against top Republican Mitch McConnell fueled the dispute over the direction of his party.“
DiePresse.com, February 17, 2021
„Ex-President Donald Trump has with one tirade against the Republican minority leader in the Senate, Mitch McConnell, exacerbated the smoldering dispute in his party.“
NZZ, February 17, 2021
„With a bad tirade Vasek Pospisil stood out against the ATP top at the Masters tournament in Miami. The referee tried in vain to calm the Canadian down.“
kicker, March 25, 2021
„Joe Biden is president, but there's nothing wrong with that. A tirade about crazy people and criminals - as well as suggestions on how the future can be better. Hear Richard Ford's contribution here.“
Spiegel Online, January 22, 2021
„On Saturday Trump supporters demonstrated in Washington D.C. against the election defeat. In the evening and at night there were fights with counter-demonstrators. Donald Trump (74) put an angry tirade on Twitter.“
Blick Online, November 15, 2020
„With a bad tirade Vasek Pospisil caused a stir against ATP boss Andrea Gaudenzi. The Canadian is not the first professional to have been upset about the player organization in recent weeks.“
GMX, March 26, 2021
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- effusion: Leakage of a liquid into another area; Expressing feelings in words
- Flow of speech: uninterrupted, brisk talking
- Torrent of speech: uninterrupted, verbose flow of speech
- sermon: derogatory: rambling, boring speech; obsolete, religion, Christianity: speech preaching the biblical message
- Suada: derogatory: lengthy speech
- Torrent of words: uninterrupted, verbose flow of words
- verbose speech
Another word (synonym) for tirade - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "Tirade":
palaver: ... Talking, cuddling, chatter, frills, gossip, gossip, chat, sermon, small talk, tirade, table talk, gossip, conversation, ringing of words, torrent of words Contrasting words: ...
Hate speech: derogatory torrent of words led by hatred Origin of the term: determinative compound from hatred and tirade Superordinate terms: 1) Tirade Examples of use: 1) In his anger he let himself be carried away to tirades of hate
Rant:… Schimpfen Origin of the term: Determinative compound from the stem of the verb Schimpfen and Tirade Synonyms: 1) Schimpfkanonade Superordinate terms: 1)…
Torrent of words: Suada, Tirade Examples of use: 1) "He spoke a lot and quickly, and this torrent of words stood in striking contrast to the aura of efficiency that characterized his empire."
Torrent of speech: Suada, Tirade Examples of use: 1) "At tea, Carpenter interrupted his torrent of speech so that John could finally ask him the question that had been on the tip of his tongue the whole time: when he was going to leave."
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Tirade" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Tirade/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "Tirade" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Tirades (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ti | ra | den Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [tiˈʁaːdn̩]…
Tirailleur (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular Tirailleur; Majority 1 tirailleurs; Majority 2 ...
Tirailleurs (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ti | rail | leu | re Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Screechers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ti | rail | leu | ren Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Screechers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ti | rail | leurs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Tiramisu (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular tiramisu; Plural tiramisus genitive: singular ...
Tiramisus (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ti | ra | mi | sus Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [tiʁamiˈzuːs]…
Tirana (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter), part of speech: toponym Hyphenation: Ti | ra | na, no plural ...
Tiranas (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ti | ra | nas Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌtiˈʁaːnas]…
Tiranie (Polish) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Dative singular of the noun Tirana Locative singular des…
Tirano (Polish) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Vocative singular of the noun Tirana
Tirany (Polish) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun Tirana
- What is a good map pin application
- Do you know very old coins
- Which is the coldest place in Kerala
- How much are these satoshi worth
- Is the Jio SIM free or not
- What are flip flops 1
- Girls ever regret turning down a boy
- Where are Danfoss drives manufactured
- What caused the hostage crisis in Iran
- Why do hackers prefer Linux
- Is mathematics included in the BSc Psychology
- Who did Karl Marx refute
- How does Amazon India treat customers
- How can I attract a good woman
- Why do barriers to communication arise
- What is the toughest BTS choreography
- Can a police officer object to another arrest
- Do you believe in psychokinesis?
- Will Coutinho come to Barcelona in January
- Who discovered the Aglet
- What does TikTok
- When and why did the redistribution begin
- Which Windows supports C ++
- Why are Tongans such devout Christians
- Alaska has all four weather seasons
- When are side hugs used in the UK?
- How difficult is the NIMCET exam
- Which animal hears the highest frequencies?
- Sweden is completely ruined by socialism
- What do sheep think of
- Why should we please our partner
- How do I help my grieving child
- Have minerals feelings
- How does 2 2 1 2