What is a brand generic
Synonym: copycat preparation
A Generic is a finished medicinal product that contains active ingredients that are no longer subject to patent protection (e.g. acetylsalicylic acid or doxycycline). It is mostly an "imitation" of an older original preparation, whereby galenics and pharmacokinetics can differ.
Generics are usually approved under the non-proprietary name of the active ingredient (INN), which also contains a manufacturer's name (e.g. Paracetamol-ratiopharm®). Likewise, off-patent active ingredients are known as Branded generics available under new registered trade names.
In Germany there are several pharmaceutical companies that focus on the manufacture and sale of generic drugs, e.g. ratiopharm, Stada, Hexal and many others. Some of them offer a very broad spectrum of active ingredients from different specialist areas, while others specialize in certain groups of active ingredients such as antibiotics or drugs for the treatment of neurological-psychiatric diseases.
Internationally known generic companies include Teva, Watson and Ivax.
For generics, simplified approval conditions apply in Germany. One also speaks of so-called "second applicant preparations", since generic manufacturers can refer to the documents of the original manufacturer when registering. This applies, for example, to the pharmacological-toxicological test results, the clinical studies and the expert reports. In order to ensure the effect, however, proof must be provided that the generic has the same bioavailability as the original preparation.
4 Economic importance
When the patent protection for important, high-selling drugs (e.g. antihypertensive drugs or lipid-lowering drugs) expires, generics from several companies usually come onto the market after a short time, and the original drug or related substances are increasingly being replaced by the prescribing doctors with the mostly cheaper generics. The entry of generics on the market therefore usually entails a price reduction for the original product.
- Is Yu Gi Oh evil
- Will new videos be added to YouTube
- Kundalini Yoga strengthens the chakra energies
- Does the GT 1030 from Nvidia support CUDA programming?
- How many Star Wars fans are there
- What the refund wrongly charge in paytm
- How is it that Christians do not believe in astrology?
- Do you think hardship is character building
- Dogs sleep while panting
- Who are the world experts on Sirius
- Is Laos a good country for backpackers
- When is it okay to be defensive?
- Is Django worth all the hype
- Which VC company has Netflix funded
- Who hires certified financial planners
- Why is Fee a gay bow
- People illegally share apartments in Amsterdam
- Should I practice self-discipline or luck?
- What does ahimsa actually mean?
- Asthma can just go away
- What's your most annoying Naruto character
- Can you bowl without bowling shoes?
- Can we evolve to live without sleep?
- What makes history meaningful