Why don't I see homeless women
Why are there more and more homeless women?
The number of homeless women has been increasing since 2013: Today around 110,000 women live on German streets. But how many people really live on the streets in Germany - that can only be estimated. Many fates are difficult to grasp because women in particular often do not deal with their situation in public.
In addition to the opaque facts and figures, a distinction must first be made between homelessness and homelessness. Basically, the status is divided into three groups:
1. Manifesto homeless women who "make records",
2. hides homeless women who are looking for private solutions and
3. latently homeless women who live in a partnership without a lease.
Latent homeless women are not just women who are currently homeless. "Latently homeless" are those who are on the verge of becoming homeless or who live in unreasonable housing conditions. These living conditions are difficult to recognize from the outside and make it very difficult to determine concrete figures and statistics on the current situation of women.
Homeless women are also often exposed to psychological and physical violence. The hidden and latent homelessness can quickly develop dependencies in a partnership. Affected women usually see no way out and do not dare to go public with their problem.
Certain behavioral patterns develop through these and other circumstances in the life story (such as power inequality, impotence situations or trauma). However, these patterns and coping strategies can also have their drawbacks, although they have secured women's lives for years. Often, offers of help are rejected out of fear of a possible dependency, as they re-create the negative feelings from the past for those affected.
Everyday life on the street is also very tough, especially for women. You don't just have to protect yourself from assault. As a result of a life characterized by dependency and violence, their health is usually more prone to health problems than men.
But health problems that sound less dramatic, such as the supply of hygiene items, reduce the quality of life of homeless women. For example, menstruation is a difficult challenge for many homeless women every month. Many women have to decide once a month whether to buy expensive hygiene items or something to eat. Unfortunately, there are no government-funded agencies that support the women and give out articles for free.
The aspects addressed here make up only a small part of the whole subject. There are many other points that need attention to support women in their everyday lives. We want to continue doing this in the next few weeks. Find out in an interview with Lisa Riewe how you can help homeless women.
But if the topic has already sparked your interest and you want to get actively involved, just take a look at our projects that are committed to homeless women!
Check out more projects on the topic of “Poverty & Homelessness” on our GoVolunteer.com page!
- How old is the profession of writer
- Robinhood is a good investment app
- What are the rules of the road
- What is an empirical formula
- Women lay eggs
- How do you develop character
- How do I physically restart the Cisco switch
- What causes stones in the liver
- Fluorescent light is harmful to humans
- What's the best about Mumbai
- How do I start an Amazon webstore
- How did Bette Nesmith Graham die
- It's hard to audition at JYP
- What is a DDFL internet network
- Which micronutrients are important for cannabis?
- Why are MBAs not respected in Italy?
- How much do still photographers charge
- Is Apple's online store 100% safe
- Would you still consider Hubspot a startup
- How to Reset iPhone X
- What rhymes with men
- The earth falls
- What is the equivalent weight of fumaric acid
- What are examples of analogies