How do I buy food
Today, supermarkets are designed to encourage consumers to put as much as possible into the shopping cart - whether you need it or not. This seduction tactic begins with the fruit and vegetable department or the always fragrant bread counter at the entrance to the supermarket. They whet your appetite for the (still) fresh goods. The result is that you not only have to drag the contents of your full shopping cart into your apartment in heavy bags, but some of them may also have to be carried back onto the street in garbage bags. That is why we have put together ten valuable tips for the right shopping for you, with which you can easily avoid food waste, help stop waste and thereby save money:
1. Don't go shopping when you're hungry
The best-known rule: never go shopping hungry! Because when the stomach growls, the brain can fail, and a lot more ends up in the shopping cart than you actually need.
2. Write a shopping list
If you know exactly what you want, you don't buy so many things that you don't need anyway.
3. Know what's in the closet
Get a regular overview of your own supplies. If you always know what is in stock, you don't buy twice unnecessarily.
4. Do not buy bulk packs
Even if you supposedly save money when you buy value packs or bulk packs, the majority of them often end up in the trash. This means that saving would also be a thing of the past.
5. Buy fresh produce
Always pay attention to the freshness. With fruit and vegetables, make sure that there is no mold and no bruises.
6. Don't buy products until you know when you need them
Always buy promptly. Pay attention to when it is needed for cooking, especially with fresh and perishable goods.
7. Keep your eyes open when buying meat
When shopping, the meat should be firm and not wet. The smell must be neutral, in no way unpleasant. Likewise, it must not have a smeary surface or pressure points and the color must be right (beef: dark red, pork: pink, lamb: light red to red, game: dark red to dark brown).
8. Fish: Fresh on the table
Fish must also be firm, return to its original shape after pressure, and must not smell unpleasant under any circumstances. In a whole animal, the scales and eyes should be shiny and not look dried out.
9. Pay attention to the best before date
You can often find the same food with different best before dates on the supermarket shelf. Here it is important to buy the product with the latest date. These newer products, which have a longer shelf life, are mostly located further back on the shelf.
10. Store food quickly and correctly
After shopping, the products should be stored according to their needs as soon as possible. Immediately after shopping, all food that needs to be cooled should be put in the refrigerator or freezer.
In the next part of our series "Stop wasting!", You will find out how to store the groceries you buy correctly.
- What affects gravity
- Why is my YouTube earnings dropping all the time?
- How do I swap two numbers
- What is the concept behind series connections
- Why is 2019 the year of podcasts
- Caesar was the greatest Roman general
- Why should I do a primary school teacher
- What food keeps you awake
- How do you play Aurelion Sol Jungle
- Is the incineration biblical
- What are some basic chemical reactions
- What is considered an experience on a resume
- Is a trauma associated with physiology
- How do I get AdSense in Blogger
- How is technology beneficial to us?
- Can electronic patient files be changed?
- What are symbiotic bacteria
- Could I be an empathic sociopath
- How do I approach a girl 7
- What happened in Portugal during World War II
- What does the Microsoft intranet look like
- How can I download videos from 9ku
- What is a capillary
- Which month is election day
- Why are penises private parts
- What is the largest 8-digit number
- Will you help me become a millionaire?
- Which MXQ Android TV Box does Chromecast support?
- What TV shows were made by women
- Which Linux distribution are you using
- How is strategic thinking designed
- What technologies are in big data
- What is 50 of 140 00
- What did you have on yesterday?