Why does scotch taste like Listerine
ISLAY SINGLE MALT (LAGAVULIN); SSMC (8 yrs./2000) 40.0% by volume
- This 8-year-old ISLAY SINGLE MALT was distilled in October 2ooo and bottled by The Scotch Single Malt Circle in January 2oo9 from a single cask with 40, o% vol. For a long time it was not clear from which Islay Distillery this single malt whiskey came - at least an independent bottler was once again prohibited from naming the distillery on the label ...
Scent: In the nose this malt has a great and typical Lagavulin nose with a lot of (!!!) seaweed and salt and peat and smoke. And with warm wood tones (which smell like from an old chest of drawers - and which sometimes even get nutty touches ...) In addition, there are also spicy notes (what does that smell like ???), which I cannot describe in detail .. Somehow, LAGAVULIN always has the same spiciness that makes it unmistakable compared to a Laphroaig or Caol Ila, for example ... Sometimes I think that this smells a bit like a dentist's mouthwash (and therefore camphor ???) Then again I think of wet cardboard ...
Taste: The taste of this malt unfortunately does not keep what it promises in the fragrance ... In my opinion it is too diluted down. A good six revolutions more would have done him good ... Or: did you add the water here in favor of the aroma and to the detriment of the taste ??? The taste is very (!) Salty, iodine (!), Peaty and somehow slightly soapy ... Unfortunately, the malt does not develop very much. You can safely drink one or two more glasses of this malt. Here the Lagavulin becomes an everyday drama after work. Without complications. Without claim. No effort ... The whole thing is not necessarily disappointing - but neither is it overwhelming ...
Finish: The whole thing is followed by an unspectacular, relatively short finish ... Only the peat and salt remain on the tongue for a long time and taste like ...
This malt is the daily dram for every occasion: island character, peat and iodine in a soft package ...My top 3 whiskey's:
Macallan 1965/2008, Fino Sherry Butt 2114 (484 Bottles) 54.1% Scottish Liqueur Center "Cárn Mór"
Glenglassaugh 1972 / ------- Cask 2891, 59.4% barrel sample (Andrea Caminneci)
Tamdhu 1961/2000, 40.0% Gordon & MacPhail "Rare old"
Member of "Diem No. 2"
- What's wrong with Elton John
- What is a military theorist
- Why do product lifecycle management integrations fail
- Why are some things bad
- Are there any Jains in Tamil Nadu
- Can someone tell me about SAP
- Who is Nisha Guragain
- What's the best little DAB radio
- Where can I buy DXM powder
- What has capoeira done for your life
- What are the darkest truths about hospitals
- How do I gain constant self-confidence
- How to draw female body proportions
- Do you have honest pictures
- How can I improve my reflections
- Are transfers between spouses taxable?
- Can anyone criticize my writing about Quora?
- What is a lung ejector
- All skin care products are safe
- What should Americans know about Michael Cohen
- What does ahimsa actually mean?
- What are some posture flaws
- What is Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1
- Is It Possible To Lose 100 Pounds