Angelfish are big
Fishing species in Germany
Where the local brown trout (salmo trutta fario) can still spawn their stocks, a river is still in order. Unfortunately, this is no longer often possible due to the silting up and straightening of the waters.
The brown trout usually weighs two kilograms. Adult sea or lake trout, on the other hand, can weigh up to 15 kilograms.
The European catfish (silurus glanis) originally occurred in Eastern Europe as far as the Elbe and the Danube region. It is now also at home in the Rhine catchment area and has been used in many lakes. With lengths of two to three meters and a weight of more than 80 kilograms, it is the dream of many anglers.
The catfish is a predatory fish that actually eats anything that fits into its impressive oral cavity. These can also be fully grown ducks.
Despite the impressive size, swimmers and bathers do not need to worry, catfish are harmless. When snorkeling you can get close to these shy but curious animals up to a caressing distance.
Pike (esox lucius) are absolute short-range sprinters due to their torpedo-shaped body with fins positioned far back. They lurk in plant forests or in sunken trees for prey swimming by.
With possible lengths of more than 1.50 meters and a weight of more than 30 kilograms, this prey can also be very large in large pike. Despite the impressive teeth, pike are also not a threat to bathers.
The pikeperch (sander lucioperca), also known as pike perch, like the catfish, was only found in the Elbe and further east earlier. Today it has also become at home in the Rhine area and through stocking in many lakes. When the lakes became increasingly cloudy due to over-fertilization and algae, it was supposed to replace the declining pike population.
As an excellent food fish, the pikeperch reaches lengths of up to 1.20 meters with a weight of up to 20 kilograms.
The river perch (perca fluvialis) occurs everywhere in Western and Eastern Europe. It is one of the most common fish in many lakes. Gigantic schools of juvenile perch not only feed the large perch, but also all other predatory fish in a body of water during the year.
Really large specimens are rare, but with a length of 60 centimeters and a weight of 3.5 kilograms, they are impressive predators and excellent food fish.
While snorkeling or diving, groups of medium-sized perch can be observed, the wolf packs like schools of young fish and thus hunted very successfully.
The Romans already bred the carp (cyprinus carpio), which originally came from the catchment area of the Caspian Sea. It occurs in local waters both as an elongated wild form with complete scales and in its cultivated forms up to the scaly leather carp.
When fully grown, it reaches an impressive weight of more than 50 kilograms at 1.20 meters in length. Since carp are rather undemanding omnivores, they are very easy to breed in ponds.
The barbel (barbus barbus) can often be seen in rivers when it rotates around its longitudinal axis at the bottom and its gold-shimmering belly flashes. She takes her food from the bottom and is considered a wild, persistent fighter on the line.
With a length of more than 80 centimeters and a weight of more than eight kilograms, it can cause problems on the fly rod.
The eel (anguilla anguilla) spawns in the Sargasso Sea east of the Caribbean islands. Its larvae drift to our coasts with the Gulf Stream and rise up in the rivers. After ten to twelve years, the adult animals migrate back to Lake Sargasso to spawn.
Eels that are unable to migrate back into lakes can grow up to 1.50 meters long and weigh around eight kilograms.
The cod (gadus morrhua) is probably the most popular fish on our coasts. It becomes about 1.50 meters long and weighs more than 35 kilograms.
Cod are considered to be excellent food fish. This is why professional fisheries have been overexploiting the stocks for many years, so that the cod can hardly be fished.
The mackerel (scomber scombrus) is not popular because of its record sizes. It becomes up to 60 centimeters long and 2.5 kilograms in weight.
Because it occurs in large schools, true mass catches are possible. Sometimes several mackerels bite the fishing rod that has been baited with natural or artificial bait.
Author: Vladimir Rydl
- What is meant by a focus keyword
- How do toe separators help your feet
- Which is actually considered to be police detention
- Where can we ski near Sofia?
- Where should I start learning ETAP
- How good are the internships at MUJ
- Why does nobody respect Rodney Dangerfield
- Adderall comes in pill form
- What causes the bruising of the skin
- What do you know about Sudhanshu Ishwar
- Are eBay Products Good Or Bad
- Which is better C C ++ or Java
- Are related to goblins and elves
- How much are these satoshi worth
- How can startups avoid shark investors
- What is so strategic about strategic management
- Where does nausea occur in the body
- How do front teeth develop cavities
- Can we test string theory
- Is the Hubi exchange safe?
- Christian proselytizing is illegal in Israel
- What if every independence movement succeeded?
- You can create a subnet on a Verizon router
- How is it non-polar?
- Has anyone recently taken the ISTQB exam?
- How do I learn network science
- Why is the ocean important
- What are the benefits a trader wants
- What is chemistry actually
- Why does HCl show no H-bond
- What happened between Microsoft and Netscape
- How important are internships in UX design
- Is it good to eat chocolate?
- Who is the strongest superhero and why