How tough is NDA training
Secrets: Up to 20GB of Intel NDA material released
Through Intel's partner portal, strangers have gained access to a lot of NDA material from previous and new processors, software, design guidelines and more. Some parts have been posted online, Intel insists, they have not been hacked.
We are investigating this situation. The information appears to come from the Intel Resource and Design Center, which hosts information for use by our customers, partners and other external parties who have registered for access. We believe an individual with access downloaded and shared this data.Intel
The Intel Resource and Design Center gives partners access to many details of products in Intel's portfolio. ComputerBase has also viewed the data since yesterday evening, Intel's theory could prove to be correct, because data from people or real, secret IP is not included in the documents. The first of allegedly several data sets contains, among other things:
- Intel ME Bringup guides + (flash) tooling + samples for various platforms
- Kabylake (Purley Platform) BIOS Reference Code and Sample Code + Initialization code (some of it as exported git repos with full history)
- Intel CEFDK (Consumer Electronics Firmware Development Kit (Bootloader stuff) SOURCES
- Silicon / FSP source code packages for various platforms
- Various Intel Development and Debugging Tools
- Simics Simulation for Rocket Lake S, Alder Lake and potentially other platforms
- Various roadmaps and other documents
- Binaries for Camera drivers Intel made for SpaceX
- Schematics, Docs, Tools + Firmware for the unreleased Tiger Lake platform
- (very horrible) Kabylake FDK training videos
- Intel Trace Hub + decoder files for various Intel ME versions
- Elkhart Lake Silicon Reference and Platform Sample Code
- Some Verilog stuff for various Xeon Platforms, unsure what it is exactly.
- Debug BIOS / TXE builds for various platforms
- Bootguard SDK (encrypted zip)
- Intel Snowridge / Snowfish Process Simulator ADK
- Intel Marketing Material Templates (InDesign)
Since yesterday evening, the data can be fetched from countless places. Based on this, a lot of information about the upcoming new products should be made available in the coming days. The PowerPoint / InDesign templates could also be used to easily generate false roadmaps that look very real. What can be made possible with the software templates and other things remains to be seen.
The coming weeks will show how Intel is handling and tackling it. Because the biggest problem is apparently that the data was fairly public on an Akamai cloud server - i.e. not directly in Intel's resource center - and was accessed via a simple nmap scan. Even the simplest passwords such as "intel123" were of great help.
- Volker Rißka Email... has been writing about CPUs, their architectures and manufacturing processes as well as mainboards and RAM since 2002.
- How do I install Minecraft for free
- Which chakra is related to dehydration?
- How should I visit Prague alone
- How do jellyfish work
- 1 is a composite number
- What services are provided by IT consultants
- AFC Ajax is the new AS Monaco
- Are sea lions dangerous
- Why is Spanish so famous
- What is chauffeur management software
- Aesthetically, is the Indiana Jones franchise diesel punk
- What are non-essential amino acids
- Which is the best medicine reminder app
- What breed has more cats than dogs?
- Where can I find historical option prices
- What are some unusual uses of IoT
- Is there a free alternative to FastField
- What is the wireless connectivity market
- Why do people hate law school?
- Why do some strategic management plans fail?
- Offers IIM an MBA in Biotechnology
- Is Apple really building cloud services
- Can I drink alcohol on Advil
- How do I export to Liberia