Why should I get a degree in school psychology
Become a school psychologist: Further training in school psychology
School psychology belongs to the field of applied psychology and is based on five pillars - educational psychology, diagnostics, clinical psychology, (special) education and organizational psychology.
The advanced training in school psychology is primarily aimed at qualified psychologists or graduates in psychology. The specialization in the field of school psychology enables those interested to accompany and support groups of people involved in the running of the school (e.g. pupils, teachers or parents) with problems, challenges or disputes.
For which professions is further education in school psychology suitable?
The advanced training in school psychology is aimed at different professional groups who have a degree in psychology and ideally also a teaching degree.
As an alternative to further training in school psychology - especially for teachers - there is further training in areas that also use tools from school psychology to a certain extent. For example, this includes further training to become a mediator or coach.
Structure and content of the training
As a university further education, qualification in school psychology usually takes place as part of a master’s degree, which is designed for four semesters (2 years). The course imparts, for example, knowledge of empirical educational research, educational science and sociology or professional ethics and intercultural competence.
Professional opportunities for further training in school psychology
Further training in school psychology enables graduated or master's psychologists to work as psychological advisors and supervisors at school facilities. As part of your work, you will support the people involved (e.g. students, parents or teachers) with problems, challenges and stress - or with overcoming tragic strokes of fate.
This further training is offered, for example, by:
- Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen: Master's degree in School Psychology in Tübingen - to the website
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich: School Psychology (as part of a teaching degree) in Munich - to the website
Related training opportunities via distance learning
Since school psychology is withheld from universities and is aimed at diploma or master psychologists, there are related further training opportunities for those interested. School psychology, for example, also uses tools that are available in school mediation or coaching.
- The Institute for Learning Systems (ILS) offers the further training “Psychological Consultant / Personal Coach”. With a weekly learning effort of 8 to 10 hours, the duration of the study is designed for 15 months. The training content consists, for example, of imparting knowledge about conflicts and conflict work, imparting skills in recognizing psychosomatic signs of clients or imparting knowledge in cognitive behavioral therapy.
After successfully completing all of the course books and assignments, the participants receive the ILS diploma. If the participants also attend a voluntary face-to-face event, they will receive the ILS certificate with their final certificate, which can also be issued in English on request.
- The Impulse e. V. offers, among other things, the two advanced training courses “mediator” and “educational and development advisor”. Both courses are designed for distance learning, which is supplemented by compulsory seminar weekends in Wuppertal or Sindelfingen. The "Mediator" training course is designed for a duration of 9 months, with two seminar weekends to be attended. The core contents of the training are, for example, the prerequisites and limits of mediation, the tasks of a mediator or the explanation of the causes of conflict / the implementation of conflict analyzes.
The further training “Educational and Development Advisor” is designed for a duration of 18 months, with two seminar weekends and one 4-day seminar to be attended. The core content of the further education, for example, provides knowledge of the basics of pedagogy, presents different educational concepts or addresses giftedness and developmental disorders.
Distance schools - our recommendations
- Is the silent treatment of emotional abuse
- Artificial intelligence can match a human brain
- What does a solid black flag mean
- Which strawberries are the sweetest
- Why is Donald Trump always attacked
- Who is running the Irish Mob in 2016
- Where can I install a pet door
- The English Wikipedia is full of crap
- How do tears come out
- How do I remove this glue
- Why has the president's power expanded over time?
- Why does cortisol reduce anxiety
- Why did Karan Kundra leave Roadies Rising
- Are there brothels for LGBT people
- Why don't people like cold showers
- How does an electrical discharge create light?
- How to write a fluent conversation
- How to Unlock Ola Taxi App
- Is there a Miracast dongle for Android
- Asthma disappears
- How does speech recognition work 2
- Which Quora users are using Yahoo Answers
- What is the purpose of lamination
- What is 4 tan inverse 1 5