What is the ideal population for the Philippines
Philippines: rice for the future
Natural disasters: Constant, nationwide danger of earthquakes and 25 active volcanoes: the most famous is Mayon (2462m) on south Luzon. The largest earthquake was the Luzon earthquake on July 16, 1990 with over 2,000 deaths. The eruption of Pinatubo (north of Manila) in 1991 destroyed the home of 70,000 people and made 800 km² of rice fields unusable. With a volume of 10 km³ of ash and lava, the eruption had an impact on world weather for months.
Capital: Manila, population 12 million (2007 census). 21 million people live in the greater Manila area. The exact number is unknown, the influx is unregulated, many slums in the city area are without city administration. Other cities: Quezon City (in the greater Manila area) 2.4 million inhabitants, Davao (Mindanao) 1.4 million inhabitants.
Form of government: Presidential parliamentary republic, member of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) since 1967.
Population and languages: 101 million inhabitants (2012), 1.7 million births annually. Since 1990 the population has increased by 45% (1903: 7.6 million 1960: 27 million 1990: 60.7 million). Half of the population lives on the island of Luzon. 49% of the people live in cities, 13% in the greater Manila area.
Around 12 million Filipinos live abroad (US 3.4 million, Saudi Arabia 1.1 million) and send billions of dollars to families at home every year (2009: $ 17.3 billion). A quarter of all seafarers on merchant ships are Filipinos.
According to the 2000 census, the following ethnic groups are distinguished: Tagalog 28.1%, Cebuano 13.1%, Ilocano 9%, Bisaya / Binisaya 7.6%, Hiligaynon Ilonggo 7.5%, Bikol 6%, Waray 3.4% , Ifugao around 150,000, others 25%.
Approximately 170 languages are spoken in the Philippines. In addition to the official language Tagalog (Filipino), English is used as the lingua franca. Tagalog is originally the language of the Tagalen, the people who live in the area around the capital Manila. Influences from Spanish, English, Chinese and Malaysian can be found in the Tagalog spoken today. Mabuhay [read: Maa-boo-hay] is the greeting that wishes a long life. In some parts of the country, Tagalog is met with rejection. The language embodies the cultural dominance of the capital region.
Economy: Mainly domestic-oriented production, 33% of those employed in industry, 32% in agriculture, many small businesses in service and transportation. Export: electronics, agricultural products, wood, ships. Exports mainly to China, Japan, USA, Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea. Gross domestic product, i.e. the value of all goods and services produced within a year, per inhabitant (2011) approximately 2223 US dollars (2011: Germany 43,700 US dollars)
Religion: The Filipinos are considered to be the most religiously religious people in the world. 93% answered the statement "I believe in God now and always have" with "Yes" (2008 survey). Catholic 82.9%, evangelical Christians 2.8%, Christian sect Iglesia ni Kristo 2.3%, other Christian currents 4.5%, approx. 5-7% Muslims, few Buddhists. Only 0.1% said they had no religion (survey 2000). The influence of the Catholic bishops on politics and the education system is criticized abroad, as well as their radical positions against family planning and the general discriminatory treatment of non-believers.
- Are polygons always in 2D
- What will kill planet earth
- What should we choose after 10
- How is strategic thinking designed
- What is Bill Belichick's NFL Draft Strategy
- How do I approach a Himachali girl
- What Marvel character can kill Superman
- Is social engineering real
- How do you mobilize your company
- What is the best Pakistani travel destination
- How do people feel when reading
- Why has the German population remained constant
- What is set and called in the trade
- Education is just a means of income
- What is Dokken's most successful song
- What is Listeria
- Would you go out with a minor
- How can I never be unhappy?
- Is the use of tablets as books really an innovation?
- Which kite is best for flying?
- Why does my cat like her collar
- What is a situation that you have completely misinterpreted
- What is the best free website builder
- How reliable is the Range Rover 2018