What is inner satisfaction
satisfaction is the inner feeling of joy that comes when something you wished for has come true. One can feel satisfaction when one has received a wish. One can feel satisfaction when one has achieved something that one has longed for.
Sometimes satisfaction comes when you are right. The word satisfaction also implies that one has lost one's inner peace through desires etc. If one has fulfilled the wish, this satisfaction brings one back to peace. It is particularly effective to experience inner peace through yoga and meditation - then outer gratifications are no longer so important.
Sukadev about satisfaction
Transcription of a video lecture (2015) by Sukadev on satisfaction
Satisfaction is not just a virtue, it is an activity and it is a skill. Satisfaction as a virtue would be something like an inner satisfaction. Inner satisfaction can come, for example, when you did something good or you helped another person. Maybe nobody knows that you did it, but you have such inner satisfaction, you know it did something good. Acting well, acting ethically, leads to this inner satisfaction. And that inner satisfaction is ultimately what gives you inner peace.
The interesting thing is that there is the word “peace” in satisfaction. The first meaning and perhaps the deepest meaning of the word "satisfaction" is to behave in such a way that you can feel an inner satisfaction, because it is ethical behavior, is good behavior, behavior with which you do good for others . The ability for this satisfaction also gives you a certain independence, a certain freedom. You don't need the praise of others, you don't need recognition, you don't need outward success, you can feel inner satisfaction from knowing you are doing the right thing. Ask yourself, do you have this inner satisfaction often? And do you also act in such a way that you can feel this inner satisfaction?
Of course, satisfaction has other aspects as well. You can satisfy your desires. The assumption is that desires make you restless and then you grant them. Only then does peace come back. So, the satisfaction of desires helps you to come to a certain calm. Sometimes it might even work, but often it doesn't. Reliant on your desires to be satisfied in order to be happy is a very dubious matter because, first of all, you will find that when you satisfy desires, new desires will come. Second, you cannot satisfy every wish. Sometimes there is something why it doesn't work or the satisfaction of one desire is something that goes against the satisfaction of the other. And so you can see, when you satisfy your desires, that on the one hand you satisfy them without attachment, in yoga we would say, satisfy them in a sattvic way, that is, satisfy them ethically. The inner satisfaction needs that you behave ethically. It is not enough to have external gratifications; these are surrogate gratifications. Inner satisfaction is the important thing. And then of course you can also satisfy the wishes of others.
Here, too, completely satisfying the wishes and expectations of others is not possible, it should not be the guiding principle of your behavior. It is important to look: “How can I help other people, how can I serve?” Of course, assuming you work with other people, it is also important to do your part well and that other people also look to you So dependability is important, but don't think that your life should be entirely geared towards satisfying others. Love, compassion, responsibility, ethical behavior, all of these are important. And if you do that, are there for others and behave ethically, do what you feel from the inside out, what is necessary, while also doing justice to your external duties, then you will find this inner pacification, which leads to an inner joy leads to an inner peace and also the basic serenity.
Satisfaction and other virtues
Over 1000 virtues and spiritual qualities are described in this Yoga Wiki. Here are some explanations of how one can see the quality of satisfaction in relation to other virtues and spiritual qualities, as well as in relation to vice:
Properties similar to satisfaction
Properties similar to satisfaction, i.e. synonyms for satisfaction, are e.g. enjoyment, satisfaction, well-being, feeling of happiness.
Any quality, any virtue that is exaggerated becomes a vice, a vice, an unhelpful quality. Excessive satisfaction can degenerate into pleasure addiction, superficiality, changeability, greed, negligence, egoism, lust, desire, covetousness, self-satisfaction. Therefore, as an opposite pole, satisfaction needs the cultivation of renunciation, letting go, and austerity.
Opposite of satisfaction
There is an opposite to every property. Here are options for opposite of satisfaction, antonym for satisfaction:
- Positive opposites of satisfaction, one could also call these opposite poles: renunciation, letting go, austerity
- Negative opposites of satisfaction, i.e. vice, negative characteristics, are e.g. dissatisfaction, depression, dejection, despair, frustration, disappointment, grief, self-judgment
Satisfaction in the context of virtue groups, personality factors and temperaments
- Satisfaction belongs to virtue group 1 joy. The main virtues of this group of virtues are joy and happiness
- In the context of the Big Five personality model, satisfaction belongs to the personality factor N1 neuroticism / instability high: emotional, vulnerable, fearful, also E1 extraversion high: sociable, outward-looking, talkative, also O1 openness high: curious, inventive, willing to experiment, also N1 neuroticism / instability high: emotional, vulnerable, fearful
- In the DISG personality model, satisfaction is part of the basic behavioral tendency S - steadiness, compassion, ability to work in a team
- In Ayurveda, satisfaction is part of the Kapha temperament or Dosha.
Development of satisfaction
Satisfaction can be seen as a virtue, a positive quality. Maybe you want to let your satisfaction grow stronger. Here are a few tips:
- Make a resolution to cultivate this quality of satisfaction for a week. You cannot develop several virtues at once. But it is possible to grow a virtue, a quality, every week.
- Make up your mind, "During the next week, I want to cultivate virtue, quality, satisfaction, grow, grow stronger. I look forward to being a person who feels satisfied, who is ready to do things, in a week to do after which I find satisfaction. "
- Make a goal of doing at least one action each day that expresses satisfaction. Do something every day that you would not otherwise do but that expresses that virtue
- When you wake up in the morning, say an affirmation such as, "I'm developing the ability to feel satisfaction." You can find more options for affirmations below
Affirmations on the subject of satisfaction
There are different ways of using affirmations for more satisfaction. You can find out more about them under the heading "Affirmation" and "Miracle Affirmations".
Classic autosuggestion for satisfaction
Here is the classic autosuggestion:
- I feel satisfaction and contentment
In yoga, this is often combined with a mantra. Because a mantra makes the affirmation stronger:
- I feel satisfaction and contentment. Om Om Om.
Developmental affirmation for satisfaction
Some people feel like hypocrites or hypocrites when they say "I feel satisfaction" - and they are not at all. Then a development-related affirmation helps:
- I develop the ability for satisfaction and enjoyment
- By the grace of God, I feel more and more satisfaction every day
Thank you affirmation for satisfaction :
- I thank you for feeling more and more satisfaction every day.
Miracle affirmations satisfaction
You can also try the following affirmations, which Sukadev Volker Bretz calls miracle affirmations:
- Until now, I've rarely felt satisfaction in anything. And that is quite understandable, I have good reasons for it. But soon enough, I will develop the ability to experience satisfaction. Every day this virtue will grow stronger in me.
- I look forward to getting more and more satisfaction soon.
Prayer for satisfaction
Prayer is also a powerful means of cultivating a virtue. Here are a few ways to pray for more satisfaction:
- Dear God, let me experience deep satisfaction more and more often
- Oh god i adore you I ask you that I become a person who feels deep satisfaction
- Dear Divine Mother, I thank you. I thank you that every day I feel the virtue of satisfaction more and more and express it.
What would I have to do to develop satisfaction?
You can also ask yourself:
- What would I have to do to get satisfaction?
- How could I become someone who has deep satisfaction and gratitude?
- Dear God, please show me the way to more satisfaction and gratitude
- Assuming I want to be someone who has satisfaction, contentment, and gratitude, how would I do that?
- Assuming I were someone who felt satisfaction, how would that be felt?
- Assuming a miracle happened and I cultivated satisfaction, gratitude, and contentment tomorrow, what would have changed? How would i feel How would i think How would i act As a satisfying person, how would I react, communicate with others?
Lecture recording for satisfaction - audio to listen to
Here you can listen to a lecture by Sukadev Bretz, founder of Yoga Vidya. This talk is the audio version of a video on satisfaction, part of the Yoga Vidya Multimedia Lexicon of Virtues.
Qualities in the alphabet before satisfaction
Characteristics in the alphabet according to satisfaction
Seminars on the subject of self-awareness, yoga and psychotherapy
- May 23, 2021 - May 28, 2021 - Thought Power & Positive Thinking
- Get to know your mind and its sleeping potential. Thinking is the basis for success or failure, joy or suffering, health or illness. Effective techniques from de ...
- May 24th, 2021 - May 28th, 2021 - Expression and authenticity
- You learn to express yourself expressively and authentically and to really reach your students. In this way you can improve the quality of your presentations so that you can get them well with the participants ...
- May 23, 2021 - May 23, 2021 - Mantra concert for Pentecost
- Free event - donations are welcome. Time: 9:10 pm - 10:00 pm Pranavi Verena Deventer (vocals) Melissa Leao (2nd voice) Cris Gavazzoni (percussion) Matthias von Bresinski (guitar) ...
- May 26th, 2021 - May 26th, 2021 - Bhakti and Meditation - Online Workshop
- Time: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. With yoga class, lecture and meditation. Bhakti Yoga is the path of love and devotion to the divine. You will receive an introduction to Bhakti Yoga with a short lecture, take ...
Category: Virtue Group 1 Joy, Pleasure, Satisfaction
- Studying international relations is a great option
- How does naan bread taste
- Does Python have an interface
- Which leaf is an example for Dicot
- Can I buy American stocks through Forex?
- How many portals does Minecraft have
- Is it worth buying the Alcatel Idol X +
- Why do you use Instagram every day
- Which animals are, of course, prey for lions
- What is a solution to poverty 1
- What are the symptoms of depressed animals
- Which file types does 9gag support
- Why is water transfer printing extremely expensive
- What is diffeomorphic dimension reduction
- Why do people stay with narcissists
- What makes you a happy quoran
- What is a satellite bus
- Is the decriminalization of marijuana tantamount to legalization?
- How are revolver cylinders made
- Has anyone built a website with Namecheap
- What is the phylum of the earthworm
- Which TV series do UPSC aspirants watch?
- Should I still learn coding in 2019
- What's your Least Favorite YouTube Channel
- Will the Taiwanese celebrate the Spring Festival?
- What is your morning wake up routine
- When will REITs be launched in India?
- What if Robb were Tywin's son
- Be angry about bad people
- Who are wire mesh for?
- What if you were a dinosaur
- What is the toughest BTS choreography
- Is my life is a race