Why do schoolchildren talk without a break
Upbringing: "You now have a break from broadcasting": How to keep children from interfering
Parents know it: When talking to friends on the phone or at the kitchen table, children are rarely silent. Most of the time, they want something right when mother and father are concentrating on a conversation. But when can children even learn that they shouldn't always chat in between?
"Between three and five years they can understand that they have to wait and see," explains Maria Große Perdekamp. She is the head of online counseling for the Federal Conference for Educational Counseling. But it takes some time for children to internalize this.
Children who talk in between: It depends on the situation
If the child keeps talking in between, parents can first draw attention to the situation with words: "Watch out, I would like to speak here," suggests Große Perdekamp. And of course it depends on the situation: Does the child complain because he is bored or does he urgently need help with something? If boredom is the reason for the spark, parents can alternatively suggest a toy or activity that the child can occupy themselves with for a moment.
But parents can also bring calm to the situation non-verbally: for example, by taking their child by the hand or touching it at the moment of in-between speech. This is how the youngsters feel: "I am noticed and I can say something right away." This strategy is worth a try, says Große Perdekamp.
Parents shouldn't have too high expectations of their children
In general, however, parents should not have too high expectations when it comes to the consideration of their children. "Simply to say 'Now wait a half an hour' is unrealistic." When it comes to small children, the only thing left for adults is to postpone important and undisturbed conversations until the children are not there. dpa
- Vancomycin can cause hearing loss
- Is Ino or Hinata stronger
- Artificial intelligence can match a human brain
- What is a more expensive car and motorcycle
- How are gauge pressure instruments calibrated
- Game developers debug a lot of code
- Who is the best singer in 2018
- There are college-level surf teams
- What happens to a capacitor when it is overcharged
- What is polymorphism in Java
- Why did you leave journalism
- Why are some sunsets better than others
- How important is dynamism in business
- What is work experience for IWE certification
- Is death natural
- Is the number 666 real?
- If Russia now invades Syria with Turkey
- How are the pillars of San Francisco numbered
- How is your S7 Edges battery doing
- What are some good recipes for jambalaya
- Why would someone join Naymz on LinkedIn
- What is the solution to smog
- Are all cops corrupt or not
- How was Barbados named