What is an introduction to me
7-step introduction: are e-books for me?
According to surveys, 10% of all German read eBooks today. So more and more people are asking themselves: Are eBooks for me? What do I need to know? How do I get an overview? In this overview article we take you by the hand, so to speak, and tell you step by step what eBooks bring, what is important and give you the most important information on the topic.
Author: Best Books
1) We start with a silly argument: Many readers, including literary bloggers, argue about which is the better way: traditional books or e-books. It's simple: if you buy an eBook, you don't need to burn your home library. It will always look prettier, of course - but the eBook is a great one complement dar! Nobody has banned bound editions from the shelf, just because they were someday replaced by "paperback" added were. Think about the beach, think about commuting to work, think about travel. It's like the dishwasher: once you got one, you wouldn't give it up anymore.
2) What is the name of the thing now exactly?eBook? iBook? Electronic book? eReader? Don't let the terms confuse you. This refers to digital books and the corresponding reading devices (read in the literature dictionary).
3) What are the main advantages, now at a glance?
Advantage 1) When you read, don't you sometimes think "And for that a tree had to die?!?“In a nutshell: You protect the trees and reduce the supply chains.
Advantage 2) Speicher: Many an enthusiastic reader carries 20 kilos of books with them on vacation. And because there are bookshops there too, he comes back home with 25 kilos of books. eBooks can hold hundreds or even thousands of eBooks. So you take a whole library with you!
Advantage 3) Easy on the eyes: The advanced eReader technology creates a reading experience like reading a book, which initially amazes you. Often the display is illuminated, which is nice when you sit on the balcony and the daylight fades. And also very helpful: you can adjust the font size.
Advantage 4) Price: Since eBook readers often don't want to spend the same as they would for a “real book” - which is understandable - eBooks are often significantly cheaper. This doesn't always work because of the fixed book prices, but you don't have to find that bad, after all, people live from the profession. There are also a lot of free offers, more on that later.
4) Aha. And what are the main disadvantages?
Disadvantage 1) At the beginning it is more complicated than with the normal book. For example, copy protection must be activated for many books. It's like buying a new Digi-Cam: you have to take some time to get to know the device.
Disadvantage 2) Many people miss the "haptic" feeling when reading. These are people for whom reading is also a part of turning the pages of paper, tiring the arm while doing a heavy tome, etc. That’s okay. - if you are an absolute nostalgic, then you will not get used to the eBook.
Disadvantage 3) Anyone who buys the book as a digital version does not want to buy it twice just to put it on the shelf. And books read there look much better than in the memory of the eBook reader. But that doesn't matter if the eBook is only intended as a supplement from the start.
Disadvantage 4) Barriers: The distributors - Amazon versus the rest of the world - set themselves apart from one another. So you have to see which book you can use to go to which shops. I can always easily read a paper book, no matter where I bought it from :) More on that in a moment.
Disadvantage 5) Ultimately, eBooks are software. A bit mundane, but that's how it works. So you can buy the eBook, but somehow not necessarily use and transfer it, give it away, etc. as you want. Actually, you only acquire the read-only right and it has happened that libraries that have been bought have been deleted because the users have become, so to speak, unfaithful. Data protection is also not always so unproblematic.
But one also has to say: These are the wild early years of a new medium that first has to assert itself and “find it itself”. Here, too, appropriate standards will be established.
5) Well, I'm sure what should I do first now?
First of all, it would be good to have a reader. So a so-called eReader or eBook reader. As a test, you can first load the appropriate reading software onto your PC at home and look at the whole thing. There are links here and here. There are corresponding apps for smartphones and tablet PCs, very easy.
The variety of eBook readers is great, the best known are tested regularly. You can find an overview on our overview page "eReader in comparison". In the long run you shouldn't read on your PC, that's too unhealthy, as everyone knows. Anyone who buys a device from the market leader Amazon is actually not doing badly. However, it is also excluded from other providers. So many criticize z. For example, the library's eBooks cannot be read on Amazon Kindle devices. Amazon responded by simply setting up a library there itself with hundreds of thousands of titles online.
6) I decided on a device and bought it - what now?
Now you need to configure it for use, i. H. for example configure with the AdobeID if necessary. The configuration works differently for each device, but don't worry: a new washing machine is no less complicated and all providers offer instructions on paper (ironic, isn't it?) And on the Internet product pages.
7) Phew. Done. And what should I read now?
Now the fun starts: First you go to our overview page "Free eBooks" - which are available from all providers - and put together a nice stock of books that you have always wanted to read. Because: Classics are particularly often represented in the free eBooks.
And then it's like all other books. Rummage through the shops' pages, rummage through the blogs, and get suggestions from the bestsellers. We have also put together an overview: bestsellers in e-books.
And now have fun!
- What is BitConnect
- Will NASA's SLS ever fly?
- How can we measure the forecast
- Who is Israel's opposition leader?
- The sailor enjoys life
- What are the benefits of camping
- Why are a woman's breasts obscene?
- When will REITs be launched in India?
- Which colleges have the best marching bands
- Where can I meet spiritual entrepreneurs
- What is the scope of fashion communication
- What was the original name of the Air Force
- How do I inspect Docker images
- How do you say just in Vietnamese
- Are meaning and importance the same
- What is the JEE Advanced 2017 cutoff
- Why is dancing a boring activity?
- Why do people follow stupid table etiquette
- Are the Bahamas better than Hawaii
- Which cooking oil is best for pregnancy
- Why study black holes
- Why doesn't my kettle light up?
- How did Quora help someone you know
- How do I make sales