What's new in knowledge management
What is knowledge management? - Idea and objectives
Knowledge management is used for this
- to identify and network existing operational knowledge,
- generate new knowledge and implement it in new products, processes and business areas,
- Transferring knowledge from outside - via customers, suppliers, partners and external know-how carriers - into the company,
- Using knowledge productively and
- Measure and evaluate knowledge
Knowledge is an important resource and a valuable production factor that needs to be managed. However, knowledge is a "liquid substance": it must always be acquired anew and cannot be provided once. For the companies, this results in the task of aligning their organization and corporate culture in such a way that the available knowledge is constantly "moving". Managed knowledge thus becomes a competitive advantage and innovation driver.
- Available knowledge grows exponentially.
- "Half-life" of existing knowledge is falling rapidly.
- Products and services are becoming more and more knowledge-intensive in their manufacture.
- Complex employee and hierarchical structures and barriers to the distribution of knowledge prevent an efficient flow of knowledge in the company.
- Knowledge management is experienced as time-consuming and costly.
- Purely technical solutions often fail to be useful.
Top of page
Where can I find more information?
- Knowledge management - the magazine for executives
The online portal of the journal "Wissensmanagement" provides information on current studies and research results, evaluates new tools, reports on knowledge management projects in practice and provides information on congresses, seminars and workshops on the subject of knowledge management at www.wissensmanagement.net.
- GfWM - Society for Knowledge Management e.V.
The portal of the Gesellschaft für Wissensmanagement e.V. (GfWM) assumes a holistic view of the topic of knowledge management and offers comprehensive information for researchers and practitioners, users and interested parties and decision-makers in business, science and politics at www.wissensmanagement-gesellschaft.de.
- "Fit for the knowledge competition" initiative
of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi) to promote the use of knowledge management in German medium-sized companies. This portal provides information on the initiative's projects. It contains a toolbox with solutions, numerous practical examples and further training offers at www.wissenmanagen.net.
- Community of Knowledge (C-o-K)
The "Community of Knowledge" (C-o-K) is an independent Internet platform with the aim of bundling and presenting practice-oriented and qualified knowledge on the subject of knowledge management in theory and practice at www.community-of-knowledge.de.
- Lucko, S .; Trauner, B. (2005). Knowledge management, 2nd edition, Munich, Hanser
- North, K. (2002): Knowledge-Oriented Management. Value creation through knowledge. 3rd, updated and extended Ed. Wiesbaden, Gabler.
- Probst, G .; Raub, S .; Romhardt, K. (2003): Managing knowledge - how companies use their most valuable resource optimally, 4th edition, Gabler Verlag, Wiesbaden
- Warnecke, G .; Gissler, A .; Stammwitz, G. (1998): Reference model knowledge management: An approach to the model-based design of knowledge-oriented processes, in: Informationsmanagement & Consulting, (1998) S 24-29.
Top of page
© f-bb (Research Institute for Company Education)
- Why are algae considered protists?
- Dry ice burns leave scars
- 0067 is the code of the respective country
- What influenced the election in Alabama
- What are systematic causes for late projects
- What is a senior executive
- Who created Isockets two minute product video
- What if Lyanna Stark never got pregnant
- What does an empty black flag mean
- What is meant by digital image processing
- Men really keep secrets
- What is the real meaning of blasphemy
- Is Miami a party school
- How does hummus taste
- What's wrong with my strawberry plants
- Who is Sangeeta Thombare
- Will my cactus ever grow
- Kundalini Yoga strengthens the chakra energies
- Who sang the song Without Me in 2002
- Are you happy to be in a relationship
- What are some engineering professional associations
- How do people communicate like plants
- What does the word ok stand for?
- How do employers view unpaid, uncredited internships