Is it okay to use sex toys?
Sex toys: More and more people are using dildos and vibrators
Young women should explore their own bodies
Sex researcher Rustige advises young women to first explore their bodies without sex toys. "Touching yourself, touching the lips of Venus, the clitoris and the inside of the vagina helps to establish a positive relationship with your body," she says. Accepting your own body (if possible, appreciating it) is the basic requirement in order to explore one's sexual needs and preferences. Dildo and vibrator could then add variety to masturbation and broaden your horizons.
What is little talked about is the risk of disease transmission: "If toys are not cleaned properly, germs can multiply on them unhindered," explains gynecologist Doris Scharrel. Anyone who uses vibrators and co. Should therefore clean them thoroughly with soap and water before and after making love and disinfect them if necessary. "Since disinfectants can attack sensitive skin in the genital area, it is advisable to rinse with water," emphasizes Scharrel. The safest way to protect yourself from germs is the same as with conventional sexual intercourse: the good old condom.
However, users often don't seem to know that. In a study by a group led by psychologist Jessica Wood from the University of Guelph, a third of the 1,435 men and women surveyed stated that they only cleaned their sex toys infrequently. Of those who shared their toy with others, just twelve percent use a condom. The consequence: those who shared it had a yeast infection more often in the previous six months than those who used their toy alone.
Sex toys can transmit HPV
Human papillomavirus (HPV), which can lead to cervical cancer in women, can also be transmitted through sex toys, according to a study by the University of Indiana. Jessica Wood and her colleagues therefore advise that the correct use of sex toys be included in sexual education. The results of the Canadian study cannot simply be transferred to Germany; Scharrel nevertheless supports the recommendation to talk to teenagers about cleaning toys in sex education classes. However, one should not only talk about the risks, but also about the opportunities: "People with a sexually transmitted disease who do not want to infect their sexual partner can use sex toys as an alternative," says the gynecologist.
The 36-year-old Link is one of those who regularly clean her sex toy and put a condom on the vibrator at the one-night stand. "Better safe than sorry," she says. So when it comes to hygiene, she has no problems. What she noticed, however, is that over the years she has adjusted to the stimulation of her vibrator. She gets her orgasm almost at the push of a button. "It's great when I have little time," she says - but when she has sex with a partner she has noticed that it takes a lot longer to reach climax. Which led her to the question: Have I got too used to the vibrator?
"Women who use their vibrator regularly can get used to climaxing this way," confirms psychologist Mintz. However, this is not specific to vibrators, but relates to sex in general. That said, people who always use a certain finger movement, for example, may find it more difficult to climax in other ways.
- Is there a vaccine for dog allergies
- Did you vote for Clinton?
- What does a bag full of posey mean
- How can I lose fewer things?
- Will WordPerfect X6 run on Windows 10?
- What is the best elastic yoga mat
- Participation in the laboratory at SRM University is mandatory
- How to convert CCs to PS
- Snapchat makes us flatter
- Should I buy a Chromebook in 2019
- Why do we need so many engineers
- What does blessing mean 1
- Which hydride is H2S an example of this
- Who produced the Agent Smith malware virus
- What are the best brands of goggles
- After choosing the trade, I will be happy
- How good is NIT Meghalaya
- Muslim women can wear makeup
- Nature How can I overcome arachnophobia
- How agile are the agile implementations
- What is molecular weight 2
- What is the working culture of the Flipkart Development Center like
- Modular furniture is popular
- Why is it called the dependency inversion principle
- Who is Samuel Chukwueze
- Why do beavers build daemes
- Why do bicycles not have registration numbers?
- What Latin word means elsewhere
- How can I start my introductory sentence
- Can I turn off Acrotray?
- Where's my Quora account?
- Are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches racist?
- Mug photos are protected by copyright