Is kite flying forbidden in Islam
Hundreds of thousands of dragons confiscated: Pakistan bans child play
Islamabad - Pakistan's largest province, Punjab, is cracking down on recreational activities. She has banned kite flying, tracks down players with drones and even locks them up. Several hundred thousand dragons have been confiscated across the province since the beginning of the year, said a police spokeswoman in the city of Lahore, Nabila Razanfar, on Friday.
In the city of Rawalpindi alone, more than 100,000 kites were confiscated. 600 people ended up there behind bars. Police officer Sayed Imran Haidar said that some were added that night. They would have celebrated the Basant Festival: an ancient provincial spring festival to which kites are traditionally flown.
Kite flying is a popular sport in Pakistan and especially in the Punjab. Every spring, which begins in February with warm breezes, millions of adults and children play with their flying devices. But it is a dangerous sport, say the police. Too often it would take the form of duels. The cord is then made of metal or covered with ground glass. With this, the drivers of the paper planes want to saw off the competition in the truest sense of the word. But more often they also get fingers, hands, even necks. Sometimes there are dead. That is why there have been flight bans for years.
But there is something else behind it: the displeasure of the powerful religious leaders. Basant is derived from Hindu rituals, they say. Therefore it is "un-Islamic". (APA, dpa, March 11, 2016)
- Do passport extensions require a birth certificate
- Who is the most overrated philosopher
- Can be cooked and eaten shark
- Well worth internshala
- Frankincense causes lung cancer
- Is it important to have a spiritual guide?
- Can a bacterium infect a virus?
- Will the Browns keep Brock Osweiler
- What kind of ship is that
- How is the hostel in CBIT Hyderabad
- Is Aegon a Blackfyre
- Should there be uniforms in law school
- Did you love your abusive parents?
- How satellites identify different plant species
- What does A 1 mean in math
- Sadguru is a scam
- How to make Sona Masoori rice
- What classifies someone as radical
- What was the first communist party anyway
- For a skeptic, love of the mother is conditioned
- Why is there life instead of nothing
- Dynamo impossible magician can charge the phone
- El Chapo uses drugs
- What are the best settings for PUBG
- Why is exaggeration a phrase
- How long can you store beer without refrigeration?
- What are the social advantages of capitalism
- Artificial intelligence can match a human brain
- What are electromagnets and their uses
- Are there marriages between Russians and Ukrainians
- What are some simple encryption
- How does HealthKart Plus work
- What am I going to change?