What does the word lexicon mean
Look up what you want to know in a lexicon. The lexicon can be a book, a series of books, a CD-ROM, or a website such as Wikipedia and the Lexicon. The lexicon contains information that is of interest to many people. Typically, an encyclopedia deals with many different areas of knowledge or subjects, such as art, history, geography, and nature. A technical lexicon, on the other hand, describes a single area of knowledge or scientific subject.
The word lexicon comes from the Greek and means something like "word". The plural is called lexica. Another term for lexicon is encyclopedia, which also comes from the Greek. It is not known exactly what it means, but it may have something to do with being about a lot of different things.
Many lexicons are arranged in alphabetical order. So you look for the term via the letters with which it begins. But there are also lexicons that are sorted according to the topics: First all the countries in Africa, then those in America and so on. This is then called a manual. Or you can arrange a lexicon according to time: first what happened first, then what happened after, and so on. Some lexicons explain the terms with very long descriptions, others with very short descriptions.
- When will Google Pixel 3a launch
- Washing your face can actually cause acne
- What are LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
- What is a watch complication
- How many people are imprisoned in California?
- What is a diplomatic pouch
- Is the Happy Birthday song still copyrighted
- Why do movies have car chases
- Why is ham called ham
- Which smart device is actually totally stupid
- What is the name of the Goas station
- How do I get a Bitcoin address
- How to say drugs in Spanish
- Why can't every model be an electric car?
- What is ground technology at airports
- Why isn't it jerking badly?
- Is Rey's power incarnated
- Which is the ugliest mega-evolution
- Do we need censorship in TikTok
- Holds Subarus longer than Honda
- What does triple dog daring mean
- What are the functions of mushrooms
- What is Filipino Immigration Policy
- William Shakespeare was bad at English