Is allopathy in English medicine
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Al | lo | pa | thie, no plural
- IPA: [ˌAlopaˈtiː]
- 1) pejorativegenerally accepted medical treatment methods
- Borrowed from Greekἄλλος (állos) (another) to the prefixallo- and πάθος (páthos) (Pain, suffering) too pathos
- The term was coined by Samuel Hahnemann to distinguish it from homeopathy, but was later extended to all generally recognized forms of therapy.
- 1) conventional medicine
- 1) homeopathy, isopathy
- 1) Samuel Hahnemann held the allopathy for conceptless, as it does not, like homeopathy, orient its treatment methods directly and exclusively to the symptoms of the disease to be treated.
- Allopath, allopathin, allopathic
- Nominative: singular allopathy; Plural —
- Genitive: singular allopathy; Plural —
- Dative: singular allopathy; Plural —
- Accusative: singular allopathy; Plural —
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Conventional medicine: neutral, sometimes pejorative replacement term for a medicine based on scientific methods .; School health care at elementary, secondary and high schools.
- western medicine
Another word (synonym) for allopathy - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "allopathy":
allopathy: allopathie (French) part of speech: noun, (feminine) cases: singular allopathie, plural word meaning / definition: 1) allopathie Translations German: 1) allopathie
alopatia: Medicine: Allopathy Opposite words: 1) homeopatia General terms: 1) metoda leczenia Typical word combinations: 1) alopata, alopatka Derived words: 1) alopaticzny Translations See translations in Allopathie (female) Similar terms: alopata, alopatka
Allelopathy: ... Translations English: 1) allelopathy French: 1) allélopathie Italian: 1) allelopatia Dutch: 1) allelopatie Similar ...
University Medicine: ... and medicine as well as the joint element -s Synonyms: 1) University medicine, human medicine, allopathy Opposite words: 1) Alternative medicine, complementary medicine, paramedicine ...
-pathy:… 2) Homeopathy is a treatment method for diseases. 3) Sympathy is a feeling of liking. Word formations: allelopathy, allopathy, angiopathy, homeopathy ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Allopathie" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Allopathie/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Add a comment. You can make usage examples or hints on the use of the term "allopathy" and help improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Allophone (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular allophone; Plural allophone genitive: singular ...
Allophones (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Al | lo | pho | ne Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [aloˈfoːnə]…
Allophones (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Al | lo | pho | nen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [aloˈfoːnən]…
Allophones (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Al | lo | phons Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [aloˈfoːns]…
Allopoiesis (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular Allopoiese; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Allos (French) part of speech: noun, part of speech: toponym cases: singular allos, plural - hyphenation: al | los, ...
Allosaurs (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Al | lo | sau | ri | er Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [aloˈzaʊ̯ʁiɐ]…
Allosaurs (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Al | lo | sau | ri | ern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Allosaurus (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular Allosaurus; Plural allosaurs genitive: singular ...
Allotropy (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular allotropy; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Alloxan (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular das Alloxan; Plural - genitive: singular of ...
Alloxans (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Al | l | o | xans Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [alɔˈksaːns]…
- How quickly does cell respiration take place
- What is your favorite beach on the island
- How many people are imprisoned in California?
- How do you cultivate moral humility?
- The SNU accepts students worldwide
- Is there an A-list actor list
- What is DEATH in business
- Do you like Rascal Flatts and why
- Have spoken and written Cro Magnons
- How does love heal my emotional pain
- How do I find my lost headphones
- What's hard about math
- What is the activation energy for diffusion
- What is a manufacturer
- Tucson is an ungodly city
- Why are DDR3 RAM kits expensive
- Fast metabolisms are really a thing
- What's your favorite park in Nevada
- Why is my face so thin
- How does Ron Paul feel about immigration?
- Why is Twitter so easy to hack
- Is the vagina sweet?
- What are the examples of ruminants
- Are perception and reality the same