WHAT'S THE BEST ROM FOR GALAXY Y.
Since the Samsung Galaxy 3 (GT-I5800) is a subclass smartphone with no particular unique selling point, which has meanwhile been replaced by a flood of similarly equipped new entry-level Android smartphones from Samsung, which almost all come with Android 2.3, Samsung probably doesn't have a real one Interested in an update for the Galaxy 3, which is no longer on sale, after deliveries, even if it would hardly be an expense as the hardware of the new phones often hardly differs from the Galaxy 3, most of them come with just as little internal memory (exceptions are here the "Galaxy Ace Plus" as well as the not yet available phones "Galaxy mini 2" and "Galaxy Pocket") and also the CPU is apparently the same, only that in some phones it is simply clocked with 200MHz more. In addition, there is now an update to Android 2.3 for the Galaxy 551, a Galaxy 3 with a hardware keyboard and a smaller battery. In contrast to the Galaxy 3, the Galaxy 551 has a unique selling point, namely in this country it is the only Samsung smartphone with a hardware keyboard so that an update for Samsung is more worthwhile as the new customers get Android 2.3 on all devices and the old customers of a "cheap phone" who should buy a new phone if it was up to Samsung. Android 2.2 for the Galaxy 551 was also available a few months earlier than for the Galaxy 3, so you can still hope for an official gingerbread update from Samsung for the Galaxy 3. However, since the release of FroYo (Android 2.2) for the Galaxy 3, I have assumed that there will be no gingerbread update, but maybe Samsung will surprise me positively again.
However, if you, like me, don't want to wait for an update that will probably never be available and don't want to buy a new phone, you should look around for custom ROMs. The most popular ROM when it comes to updating a smartphone to an Android version that is not officially offered is CyanogenMod, while the majority of all HTC Phones are officially supported from Samsung only Samsung (current and former) upper-class devices, which of course does not include the Galaxy 3 . Fortunately, there are also other sources for custom ROMs, so in the xda-developers forum you can find custom ROMs for almost every Android phone. There is also an unofficial port of CyanogenMod 7.1 (CM7.1), but not all functions work in the currently available Alpha 7, for example neither the automatic alignment of the screen nor the playing of videos and the camera is also without additional features Apps can only be used to a limited extent (no video recordings and only SW preview) although the most serious bugs for me should be fixed with the upcoming Alpha8 based on CyanogenMod 7.2 (CM7.2), but this is not yet available for download. That's why I looked around for alternative Gingerbread ROMs and came across an old one, the CM7.1 Alpha7 Port based ROM Kyrillos 'ROM v10 Final GWK74, so far I had the Android 2.2 based version Kyrillos' ROM on my phone v9.5 JPU.
As already mentioned, Kyrillos' ROM v10 is based on the CM7.1 Alpha7 Port, but fixes the worst bugs and already brings some optimizations and interesting apps, including the Swype Keyboard and the TouchWiz Launcher from Samsung.
- How to cook a ham ankle
- Miranda rights apply to impeachment hearings
- CarMax sends cars for free
- What is positivity and positive thoughts
- What is Rejuvena Cream
- What exactly does a bootstrap link do
- Why are bubbles observed under the car door
- Why do people hate homework
- Caesar was the greatest Roman general
- What makes Johns Hopkins University so special
- What is the best weight loss trick
- Can I change our subject in Chegg?
- How intense is the hatred of a BPD
- How can we make our society spiritual?
- William Shakespeare was bad at English
- What's your favorite pancake mix
- How gaseous are gaseous planets
- How is Shah Rukh Khan doing personally
- How can I slow down a keyboard?
- Is an explosion a chemical change
- How to say drugs in Spanish
- What does Atari
- Why do insurance agents fail
- What is an empty MP3 file
- Do you have a problem child?
- How useful is fuel for our environment
- Which doesn't require intelligence
- Why do pits form
- What is the radioactive element of hydrogen
- Shall you freeze devilish eggs
- What's your favorite place in England
- Why doesn't my kettle light up?
- What is special about Samsung smartphones
- Why should wheat flour be refrigerated?