How is peroxide good for acne
Hydrogen peroxide: miracle cure for your skin!
Hydrogen peroxide has been the means we use to lighten our hair for decades. Would you have thought that the chemical combination of hydrogen and oxygen can also have a special effect on your skin? Wounds, pimples or herpes should heal faster. What is the truth of these promises, from now on we only need to resort to this remedy for skin problems and can dispose of all the expensive creams?
Hydrogen peroxide: these are its advantages
Hydrogen peroxide is a tried and true home remedy that you should definitely get yourself. You can use it to clean surfaces, remove stains and, above all, use it multiple times on the body - not just on the hair! It is particularly effective for skin problems and wounds: when it comes into contact with the skin, the hydrogen peroxide breaks down again into its two components, hydrogen and oxygen. The latter prevents bacteria and germs from surviving in the treated area, a welcome effect when it comes to inflammations such as pimples. Thus, H2O2 is a completely natural antibacterial agent and in small amounts it is not harmful.
Hydrogen peroxide uses on the skin
You can buy a three percent hydrogen peroxide solution in any pharmacy and use it for your purposes. If it is more concentrated, it is corrosive and unsuitable for the skin. Hydrogen peroxide is often found in small amounts in anti-acne creams, but it is far cheaper when used as a solution. You should store the bottle in a cool and dark place and be careful when using it that it does not get on your clothing or other textiles, after all, hydrogen peroxide can have a bleaching effect even in low concentrations. However, you don't have to worry about walking around with light spots on your face soon because not much will happen to your skin at this low concentration.
Hydrogen peroxide for pimples & acne
H2O2 cleanses the pores and can therefore heal pimples, which are nothing more than inflamed pores. Hydrogen peroxide can disinfect the open wound, especially if you've just squeezed out a pimple. Another advantage is that it doesn't burn. You can also use it to treat underground pimples.
That's how it's done: Dab the hydrogen peroxide solution on your pimples with a clean cotton swab. You can do this more often a day. Alternatively, you can rub a cotton ball and the solution over your face or the affected part of the body once or twice a week. At first, your skin can dry out slightly with both applications, here you can counteract this with a good moisturizing gel (e.g. aloe vera against pimples).
Hydrogen peroxide for wounds
You can also use hydrogen peroxide on a variety of wounds, but you should be a little more careful here. The chemical compound is particularly useful for rinsing dirt and plaque off, for example, open knees, but if the wound is about to heal, you should let your body do the work.
That's how it's done: So you can spray the three percent solution H2O2 on a fresh wound (simply pour it into a spray bottle) and thus carry out a medical wound cleansing. Even small bleeding can be stopped more quickly. However, do not dare to experiment with large or deep open wounds, rather go to the doctor.
- Against athlete's foot: Mix the hydrogen peroxide with water in a spray bottle, spray it on your foot and leave it on overnight. Repeat daily.
- Against calluses: Mix the hydrogen peroxide solution in equal parts with baking soda and add three times as much water. Soak your feet in it for 20 minutes, then scrub them off.
- Against herpes: Dab the solution on the cold sore with a cotton swab several times a day.
- Against mosquito bites: Regularly dabbed on the bites, hydrogen peroxide can help relieve itching and gradually reduce redness.
I wasn't really aware that hydrogen peroxide can have such a positive effect on the skin. I do remember, however, an acne cream from my teenage days that contained hydrogen peroxide and of all the supplements I thought was the best for pimples. Have you already had any experience with hydrogen peroxide on your skin? Feel free to tell me more about this in the comments.
iStock / Getty Images Plus / fizkes, iStock / Getty Images Plus / pedphoto36pm, iStock / Getty Images Plus / LiudmylaSupynska * partner link
- How is the Canon EOS 7D
- What will driving be like in 2030
- What is God, dear happiness and peace
- Is UPES a good college 2
- Can you die giving blood
- How should a Christian react to Hollywood
- Will release Capcom Devil May Cry 5
- Originality is a thing of the past
- Low blood pressure causes serious problems
- How common are algae in the soil
- How was BTS overrated
- What are the disadvantages of home ownership
- How can you spot a fake crypto currency
- How is a scramjet engine cooled?
- What does an Excel formula text contain
- Is about a preposition
- What is an elegant casual wear for women
- How are career tests designed?
- How were neodymium magnets invented
- Shall we call our friend baby
- What does a side envelope emoji mean?
- What is the function of anatomy
- In the future genders will exist
- Who designed the army uniform color