What do polyglots think of Glossika
Expand your vocabulary with the mass sentence method instead of learning with vocabulary! Interview with Michael Campbell, founder of Glossika
This time talking is Michael Campbell. Originally from the USA, he has lived in many different countries and has been living in Taiwan for some time now.
He is a linguist and has worked as a language teacher. He has successfully learned several languages himself.
Years of research in language learning led him to develop glossaries. Glossika develops language courses based on the Mass Sentence Method, which we also talk about in this interview. Glossika is meanwhile for over 40 languages available.
We talk about the following topics in the interview:
- Why should you learn whole sentences instead of vocabulary?
- What is the Mass Sentence Method?
- Why is context-based learning so much more effective?
Here is the video of our interview, below you can find the summary:
Summary Interview with Michael Campbell from Glossika
- Many languages are highly context-dependent in their application. If you only learn individual words or phrases, this is usually not enough to use them in the correct context. This is why you can use Glossika to learn complete language patterns and how to use them correctly in a conversational environment.
- If you expose yourself to these patterns, a “muscle memory” builds up over time and you train your brain to adapt to the new language. The point is not just to memorize vocabulary, but to experience a language. Instead of just teaching grammar, Glossika uses a “mass-sentence method” in which a language is learned using whole sentences.
- Glossika shows the user entire sentences in the desired language. These are then listened to, spoken over and translated. Here the "reps" (the repetitions) play an important role. You repeat the sentences several times to consolidate what you have learned. This gradually builds up security in the use of language.
- The new Glossika website is AI-based, so adapts optimally to every user. You log in, select your preferred language and you're good to go. You can set subject areas and the number of sentences per day and the system creates individual and varied learning sessions based on your user preferences.
- The service also makes it possible to set the transcription and playback speed of the sentencesto guarantee an optimal learning experience. There is also a recording function that you can use to record yourself speaking. This will deepen your language skills even further.
- Fluent language skills are not to be equated with vocabulary. You can be fluent in a short amount of time, depending on the topic you are focusing on while studying. So it is possible to determine considerable learning success with just a few sentences.
- The greatest learning outcomes are usually achieved through interactions and conversations, because you learn context-based through this. You don't just piece together learned vocabulary and grammar rules, you gain a heightened awareness of the language. So the key to language learning is called “context”.
And? What do you think of the Mass Sentence Method, do you find it a good approach or not? Or do you already have experience with glossics yourself? Please leave me your opinion or experience in the comments!
About the author
Gabriel Gelman is the founder of Sprachheld, language enthusiast and likes to use his 6 languages to travel and meet new people. It helps language learners learn their foreign language quickly.
Leave a comment 2 comments
- How much money are they going to take
- Why don't we feel the earth twisting?
- How can I track my partner's location
- What are the disadvantages of lingual braces
- What does inner geek mean
- What is the use of LMS dashboards
- Chase the prestige that weighs on some elite institutions
- What is a SAS server
- What is the difference between RAM and Cores
- What is seafaring
- What is your favorite contemporary film?
- How do I heal a broken toenail
- How would you become a high flyer?
- Love the Dutch variety
- What are the best international SEO tips
- How do you shower personally
- Why does Spain need migration
- Can track a CA CS without a degree
- What caused the jukebox to go down
- How does the scent travel in space
- Do they have cars in France
- Olive trees can grow in the Philippines
- 1 is a composite number
- What are genetic counseling programs