What are the upcoming Hollywood action films
TV tip: One of the greatest action films of all time is running today (and the lousy sequel is coming soon)
+++ opinion +++
As simple as it is ingenious: Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves drive a fully occupied bus through the rush hour traffic in Los Angeles - and are never allowed to drive slower than 50 miles / hour, otherwise a bomb will go off.
With “Speed”, the trained cameraman Jan de Bont managed a mercilessly exciting thriller with his directorial debut in 1994 - and one of the 15 best action films of all time! The Dutchman then took over the direction of four other films - but "Speed 2", "Das Geisterschloss", "Twister" and "Lara Croft Tomb Raider 2" couldn't even begin to match the quality of "Speed".
As a director, Jan de Bont remained a one-hit wonder - but what a one!
Our detailed film review of "Speed"
“Speed” benefits from a terrific plot idea - in addition there are two perfectly harmonizing stars, the consistently phenomenal camera work and Dennis Hopper, a famously fatalistic villain! (The opposite of this strong performance was shown by the "Easy Rider" icon a year later at the side of Kevin Costner in "Waterworld".)
Don't miss a restart: FILMSTARTS 'cinema and streaming newsletter »Subscribe now for free!
"Speed 2" was a crazy idea from the start
At the meeting in which it was decided at the time that the sequel “Speed 2” should play on a cruise ship, they would really have loved to play little mouse.
The only logical explanation of how, as a Hollywood producer, with the title "Speed", of all things, one comes across a cruise liner chugging along the ocean? A lot of alcohol!
Our detailed film review of "Speed 2"
“Speed 2” (from 10.40 p.m. on Kabel 1) was shown in cinemas in the same year as “Titanic”. But even that is no explanation for the low-tension setting of the sequel - after all, the mega success of James Cameron's tragic catastrophe romance could not be foreseen at the time when the fundamental decisions for "Speed 2" were made.
Keanu Reeves obviously has no fundamental problem with sequels - after all, he has already starred in "Bill and Ted's Crazy Journey into the Future", "Matrix: Reloaded" and "John Wick 2". But he will have already known at the time why he turned his back on the generously budgeted “Speed” continuation. It just couldn't work - Willem Dafoe as a cruise psycho (see cover picture of this article) can crank it up no matter how much ...
- How to pronounce IRC
- What's the best pizza in Phoenix
- How many pubs are there in Dublin
- What word is used instead of tirade?
- What's the deal with Instagram Facebook crashes
- Who is Scarlett Moffatt
- Could you create a room without gravity
- How can momentary speed exist
- How much should someone enjoy their work
- What is 7 8 in decimal form
- What is Corinthian leather
- What are some dope freestyle lyrics
- Research after grade 12 is possible
- What if X 5 6
- Where is crusher machine used for sale
- How to avoid multipath fading in LTE
- How were pulsars discovered?
- How do you feel about small businesses?
- What does the musical term pesante mean?
- Which is the best brand of beer company
- What is shelter farming
- What is reflexive anthropology in ethnography
- What is the lethal dosage of heroin
- How many BMTC buses are there in Karnataka