The Canadian Quora is gone
Quora now also in German
The free knowledge platform Quora is now also available in German. After a beta phase of several weeks, the German version has been freely accessible since this week. Quora is based on the question-and-answer principle. Based on your own usage behavior and the ratings of other users, questions on specific topics and the answers to them are displayed.
Registered users (works via email, Facebook or Google account) can write questions and answers themselves or search the platform. "Our focus is on quality," emphasized company boss Adam D'Angelo at the presentation of the German version in Berlin. In contrast to the Internet search engine Google, he said: "Their mission is to organize the world's information. Quora wants to bring more knowledge to the Internet." Knowledge is linked to language, which is why the company has to grow here. "Over 200 million people in the world speak German. It is an important language for us."
Great variety of topics
The variety of topics on Quora is colorful: nutrition, education, history, philosophy, everyday life and much more. You can ask what you want, stressed D'Angelo. Quora then displays the questions to users who the platform believes have knowledge of the field. To do this, Quora analyzes, among other things, user interests as well as data such as place of residence or a university degree in a subject. Answers to a question are sorted based on the quality of the authors and user feedback.
The English-language version of the Californian company, which was launched seven years ago, now has more than 200 million users a month, according to the company. Well-known politicians such as former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are also active on Quora.
The aim is to gain trust
At the start in the German-speaking market, D'Angelo said: We want to offer quality and gain trust. He did not name specific growth targets. Quora has been in Spanish since last year, and French and Italian versions were added in spring 2017. The individual Quora platforms are not linked to one another. There are considerations to integrate them better for multilingual users.
Looking at other German-language question-and-answer portals such as Gutefrage.net, Kerstin Ewelt, who looks after the German Quora platform, said: There is no competition, both have their place on the market. "We have content at a deeper level," she said. Ewelt emphasized the real name rule that set Quora apart from others.
German-language Quora version
- What is an enumerated data type
- How can a person be psychologically disturbed
- What Indian music do you like
- What is Azure 1
- How do I start my Android
- How hard can mild steel get?
- What is a slime mold
- Is the word a verb 1
- What is coherence in quantum mechanics
- Surgery is necessary for spinal tuberculosis
- OnePlus is a reliable phone company
- What is the Bermuda Triangle 16
- What are the studio headphones under 100
- Where are whales hunted most? Why
- How big was Pangea
- Has Kejriwal's political career ended
- What are the best schools in Guadalajara
- Effective Altruism Promotes Impact Investing
- May I find an English teacher here
- How do I remove Adskeeper manually
- What is the biggest attraction of Hawaii
- Buddha's early life
- Which is better GRIET or VNR VJIET
- What do we not know about bakeries