What's the worst about ice cream
Ice sheets are melting as quickly as predicted in the “worst climate scenario”
“Observation data collected by satellites not only tell us how much ice is melting, but also help us to find out and analyze which parts of Antarctica and Greenland are losing ice and by which processes this loss occurs - both of which are essential for us to model the ice sheet can improve. "
IMBIE uses data from various satellite missions to monitor changes in the volume, flow and mass of the ice sheets - including those of the ESA satellites ERS-1, ERS-2, Envisat and CryoSat, as well as the EU's Copernicus Sentinel-1 mission.
Ruth Mottram, co-author of the study and climate scientist at DMI, adds: “Satellite data from ESA missions have supported much of our advances in studying the evolution of the ice sheets over the past three decades. The radar altimeters of the ESA satellite family ERS-1, ERS-2, Envisat and CryoSat have provided long-term, continuous recordings of ice sheet changes since the early 1990s. "
Marcus Engdahl from ESA says: “The observation data collected by satellites show us that the ice sheets react surprisingly quickly to environmental changes. It is imperative that scientists also have access to data from future satellite missions observing polar regions. These include, for example, the important Copernicus candidate missions CRISTAL, ROSE-L and CIMR. "
IMBIE is supported by the ESA EO Science for Society program and the ESA climate change initiative CCI. The latter generates precise and long-term data sets collected by satellites for 21 essential climate variables in order to characterize developments on earth.
Thank you for liking
You have already liked this page, you can only like it once!
- How do I crack the SSC exam 1
- Which means less of a person
- How big is Oregon in miles
- Why do movies have car chases
- How fast can Captain America run
- Why don't people like me
- What kind of people like crossword puzzles
- SPOILER Why was Robb Stark killed
- What are Derek Walcott's best poems
- Geology When does plate tectonics end?
- How do I commit suicide without pain
- Is it worth going to Google IO
- Has anyone ever cheated on 12 boards
- What is bsddb185 in Python
- What are common acupuncture points
- How big is the market for batteries
- Can you cause a heart attack
- Why are criminals not afraid of jail
- Who is a professor
- What's new in MIUI 11
- What is Jason Statham's martial arts style
- Can vinegar break tape
- What is a TVL strand
- What number is 20 less than 80