How can I breed goldfish
What should I consider when keeping goldfish?
To keep a goldfish, you first need a correspondingly large aquarium. The keeping in small, round vessels, which was common for decades, is in no way appropriate to the species and usually leads to the death of the animals quickly. After all, the fish have a great urge to move and the water quality and the oxygen content in such small vessels leave a lot to be desired.
Depending on the variety, goldfish can grow up to 35 or 40 cm. However, many of the forms intended for aquariums only grow to around 20 to 25 cm. Nevertheless, this means that goldfish owners have to purchase a correspondingly large aquarium. The aquarium dimensions depend on the size of the adult goldfish. The minimum size of a tank for smaller goldfish is 100 centimeters (tank length) with a capacity of 200 liters. A volume of 50 liters must be included for each goldfish. Remember: These are minimum dimensions. Of course, the agile fish also enjoy a larger habitat.
Some varieties are so large that they are only suitable for ponds. So that they can overwinter there, the pond must be at least 1.5 m deep. In shallow ponds, goldfish must be kept in cold water aquariums during the cold season, which is not uncomplicated. Therefore, do your research well about the needs of the individual varieties.
In general, goldfish make little demands on their keepers. The water does not have to be heated, it is sufficient if it is passively heated to 12 to 23 ° C by the air temperature in the room.
A filter, on the other hand, is important to ensure good water quality. It should be adapted to the size of the aquarium and have three stages: The mechanical stage is used to remove coarser particles such as excrement or excess food, while the chemical stage removes odors, discoloration and other organic substances. The biological stage, on the other hand, breaks down excrement and ammonia with the help of bacteria.
Plants in the aquarium are not absolutely necessary for the goldfish, especially since they usually eat them anyway. Artificial plants and pieces of wood can therefore also be used as decoration. It is important that the objects do not have any sharp edges that could injure themselves. Do not put too much decoration in the aquarium to give the fish enough room to move around. Plants should therefore be better placed on the edge. Gravel can also be placed on the bottom of the aquarium. When equipping the aquarium and installing new plants or objects, suitable disinfection measures must always be carried out.
Before fish are placed in an aquarium and also during keeping, the quality of the water should always be checked carefully. High levels of chlorine, ammonia or nitrate could damage or even kill the fish. Liquid tests are better for checking than test strips, which are often difficult to interpret.
- What songs do jam bands try
- Can you get cancer from a spectrometer
- What are kerosene oils
- What is the national guideline for nutrition
- Will Apple win against the FBI
- What are the MCX crude oil tips
- Where does Mixcloud get its music from?
- How can the error of over-generalization be explained
- What are the benefits of eating tamales
- What are examples of non-legal deductions
- How do I make money bloggers
- Can I grill meat in my oven?
- What screams i'm a good driver
- Exercise with rheumatoid arthritis
- Why don't ceramic knives break easily
- Is the universe really not deterministic
- How do I propose to a stranger
- What is a butt cheek
- Mug photos are protected by copyright
- Can a winner lead
- What use is Gudhal Blumentee
- Why do some people hate table tennis
- How does the multiparty affect the Indians
- Skin scrubs really rejuvenate your skin
- What are the benefits of RPA
- How can people get you to do something
- Quiet Velcro is possible
- Why do product lifecycle management integrations fail
- Where can I find a smart girl
- What big names are against crypto
- Look for truth or religion
- What is the market price for tiles
- CarMax sends cars for free