How much does WiFi cost per month
Germans have to pay an average of almost 50 euros a month for telephone and internet
Price index important guide value for consumers
"Since prices in the telecommunications market are constantly changing and new tariff models are often offered, it is difficult for consumers to assess whether they are paying too much or not," explains Jan Lengerke, member of the management team at Verivox and responsible for the telecommunications division.
The consumer price index now states the average costs that a new customer would have to pay for these products. The price index is therefore an important reference value for consumers when concluding a contract.
The basis for forming the price index is a representative consumer who uses products from the DSL or cable Internet and mobile communications market segments. The representative consumer is assigned a usage profile for each product.
Internet and landline costs
The consumer price index shows that the monthly costs for an internet and landline flat rate are on average 30.83 euros. If one differentiates between cable internet and DSL according to the type of access, it becomes apparent that cable internet is significantly cheaper: here, on average, only 25.22 euros per month are due, while DSL costs an average of 31.83 euros. The cheapest DSL offer is available from EWE for 24.53 euros. Unitymedia has the cheapest cable tariff in its range for 17.50 euros.
An average user pays 16.28 euros per month for cell phone use. A distinction between prepaid and postpaid tariffs (with and without data usage) shows that postpaid tariffs with average monthly costs of 16.50 euros are only slightly more expensive than prepaid tariffs, which averaged 16.09 euros per month costs.
A different picture emerges if one only considers tariffs with data usage: In this case, prepaid tariffs with data are on average more expensive than the postpaid variant: For example, prepaid tariffs with data usage cost an average of 18.43 euros per month, while postpaid Tariffs with data usage cost an average of only 17.71 euros per month.
Tchibo offers the cheapest prepaid tariff without data usage for 10.07 euros per month. The cheapest prepaid tariffs with data usage come from Simyo and blau.de for 10.11 euros per month. BASE has the cheapest postpaid tariff without data usage for € 9.09 per month. When it comes to postpaid tariffs with data usage, Germany SIM is ahead of the pack with an offer for EUR 8.06 per month.
“The widespread opinion that prepaid tariffs are always cheaper than postpaid tariffs is no longer true. Smartphone users, in particular, get away cheaper with the contract variant, ”explains Lengerke.
- Which foods are only available in Sri Lanka
- What does Ahem
- What are the effects of the sun tan
- What if the total sugar is 250
- Which hormones only work in women
- Who is India's youngest businessman
- The sexual enhancement pills for women may be effective
- Is there an app for calculating taxes
- How do creation myths arise
- Why do most celebrities experience strange deaths
- Does the devil really seduce people
- What is Eminem's best song and album
- What is your assessment of the Prophet Yusuf
- How does love heal my emotional pain
- When will USC football become prominent again?
- How do humans cause extinction
- Copyright What is safe haven
- How many cultures have unicorn myths
- How do you treat lymphadenopathy
- What's your rating of Tokopedia
- Different people can hear different frequencies
- Who is a vampire
- How can the error of over-generalization be explained
- What is the college experience
- What are the biggest myths about tourists
- Is Java for idiots
- What are the consequences of a thought
- Is Saudi Arabia the cancer of mankind
- Why does bleach stain visible compounds white
- Feels frustrated differently than anger
- How good is a Redmi 4A
- Why isn't Patanjali buying Air India
- Who is Scarlett Moffatt