How does pressure affect pH
Institute Dr. Flad
Vocational college for chemistry, pharmacy, biotechnology and the environment
The pH value is also very important for assessing the water. The range of possible pH values ranges from pH 0 (extremely acidic, e.g. hydrochloric acid) to pH 14 (extremely basic, e.g. sodium hydroxide solution). These extreme values are not reached in normally contaminated water, however, in the middle of the pH scale is the so-called neutral point with a pH value of 7, ideally the pH value of clean water should be close to pH 7, but there are minor deviations common and harmless to health.
Among other things, water has the ability to absorb and dissolve carbon dioxide from the air. This creates carbonic acid in the water, which can lower the pH value to approx. PH 5.5-6 (= acidification of the water). Acid water in the sense described above is therefore present in every mineral water that has been mixed with carbon dioxide. Too low a pH value in drinking water (e.g. pH 4-5) can lead to increased corrosion in metallic drinking water pipes. The drinking water can then be contaminated by the slowly dissolving metal. A shift of the pH value into the basic range (pH greater than 7) gives, among other things. Indications of excessive plant growth in the ecosystem (consumption of carbon dioxide by the plants) or the presence of impurities, e.g. B. by washing liquors. The pH value can also be greater than 7 due to high lime content.
Fish are very sensitive to fluctuations in the pH value. The optimal pH range for some fish species is e.g. T. very tight and is z. B. for trout between pH 4 and pH 9. Ornamental fish can prefer a significantly smaller optimal pH range. Regular monitoring of the pH value is therefore a matter of course for aquarium owners and fish farmers.
Complete article "Chemical Index and Water Quality" in PDF
- How do I export to Liberia
- How does the aircraft engine system work
- How do you design a good classroom
- How is shungite water purified
- What are the specialties of Triton Hospital
- What does AFF
- Who can use ITR 6
- Which huge European football club is weakened
- What is the Portuguese word for employer
- What is the isomer of propanol
- What is the most misunderstood aspect of skepticism
- Enjin is a good long term hold
- How does the connection between the muscles of the mind work
- What affects gravity
- Is mascara primer unhealthy for eyelashes?
- What can we do for our parents
- Typhoon is a Japanese word
- How big is the market for digital safes
- How can I make games in C ++
- Is English international German
- Super PAC donations are anonymous
- How does Vube make money
- What if Snape didn't die
- Can anyone criticize my writing about Quora?