What is a code of conduct
Codes of conduct
(international) codes of conduct
1. Term: Compilation of standards, which define rules for desirable behavior, especially for international companies. These rules are not part of international law, but rather should be understood as recommendations. They are usually adopted on a voluntary basis in the form of a declaration or charter with a strong programmatic character.
2. Reasons: Codes of conduct serve to eliminate contradictions and to close gaps between the respective national forms, in particular of company, trade and labor law. This is intended to strengthen the control potential over international companies. A bridging and harmonization function is to be ascribed to the codes of conduct.
3. Systematics: Codes of conduct can be categorized according to their area of application, their regulatory content, their content of sanctions and the character of the normative institution.
4. Examples: In 1976, for example, the United Nations passed "Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises", which represent a code of conduct based on fundamental principles for investment relationships in the member states. In addition, the "Global Compact" of the United Nations has existed since 1999, the aim of which is to promote "Corporate Social Responsibility" and "Good Corporate Citizenship" in order to achieve sustainable ecological and social development worldwide.
- Why do psychologists, therapists, counselors give up
- Are there luggage carriers at Ningbo Airport
- What is Lucas reagent 4
- Pittsburgh Pirates How good is Jordy Mercer
- How to Convert PST to MBOX
- Are all people unconsciously connected
- MySQL is a tool
- Why is incest morally bad
- What are the scariest ship names
- Everything in life is predetermined
- Why don't boys like being friends?
- Was Abu Hamid Al Ghazali misogynist
- Who do data scientists work with
- How is life with Orthodox parents
- What is the future of Sprinklr
- How can you charge normal AA batteries
- Has Roku Univision
- Does the trade with Olymptrade work?
- What is a programmable logic device
- What is presentation software used for?
- Can be used coin at ATMs
- Elvis Presley was a good actor
- Is homosexuality criminalized in Turkey
- Was Christ really crucified?