In which group of animals do jellyfish fall
Jellyfish, unrecognized beauties with amazing abilities
Lecture in the Phyletic Museum by Dr. Jarms will be postponed to October 29, 2019 (6:00 p.m.)
They have lived on earth for more than 550 million years, they have conquered all parts of the sea and even fresh water, they are a nuisance to dangerous for bathers and for science they are still full of puzzles: we're talking about jellyfish - medusas, how the specialist calls them.
By 2017, 269 large medusas (Scyphozoa) had been described worldwide, which are divided between the crown (Coronamedusae), disc (Discomedusae) and the sometimes dangerous box jellyfish (Cubomedusae). There are also more than 30 species of sessile pedunculate jellyfish (Stauromedusae), which belong to the Scyphozoa but are not dealt with in the book World Atlas of Jellyfish. Of the remaining 700 species of medusa, the mostly small hydromedusas, only a few stand out, such as the state jellyfish "Portuguese galley".
Ernst Haeckel was the first to show the large jellyfish in an overall view with partly colored pictures in 1879. In the “World Atlas of Jellyfish”, published a hundred years after his death, all previously described large medusas are presented after a general section - as far as possible with color images (photos, original sketches by Ernst Haeckel, drawings from original descriptions and paintings).
PD Dr. Gerhard Jarms from the University of Hamburg shows pictures of different species of large jellyfish, their development and beauty. It explains why they are virtually immortal, why some of us humans nettle, and how mass occurrences come about. Different forms of coexistence with other groups of animals are presented on the basis of different tropical species, some of them with astonishing sensory performances. Some deep-sea medusas can also be shown. Finally, the probably most dangerous animals of the coastal waters of Australia, the box jellyfish with their most astonishing life cycle are mentioned.
After this lecture you will know a lot about these sea creatures and you will surely see these "goo animals" with different eyes in the future.
- The 2016 Macbook Pro is very buggy
- What is Sticky Keys Option in Windows
- How do I become a book blogger
- What does the constitution say about slavery
- What is 20 x 30 x 50
- Have you ever seen people thinly submerged?
- Which books are best suited for GATE geology
- How much electricity does Germany consume
- What is a McRefugee
- Is anyone else interested in Summify?
- Why is adoption a social problem?
- Where are submarine cables connected
- How do I reduce hemoglobin
- Orange is the new black
- Are there LGBTQ gun rights groups
- What are the benefits of eating tamales
- Everyone is born a nihilist
- Kill wild animals
- How do I get a prepaid Mastercard
- Your favorite R B ballad
- Where did Eric Trump grow up
- The UK universities offer MS courses
- Why did East Aleppo fall so quickly
- What's your favorite taste of soda
- What are the biggest PR mistakes in games
- How many Koreans are there in Uzbekistan
- How different are financial economics and accounting?
- Why is Shivsena so popular in Maharashtra
- Which English book is best for IBPS
- Create the perfect learning environment for you
- What is a wild type phenotype
- In what year was the constitution drawn up?
- How do probationary periods work